Can *WE*

Nick, don't take it personally. its JMHO that 4 people shouldn't deceide if we know about a vendors bad dealings because it was resolved on the side. I have no problems if no posts about them are made, or all. Its the ones that are weeded out in the middle that bother me. MHO is its none or all, not 1 shops bad dealings get made a sticky while the other is deleted, that you can't read about a sexual conviction of a vendor yet you can type all you want about Michael Jackson's just being arrested for it. I remember all the people who stuck up for Tony Dequick for months after bad dealings were going down. Do I think that people did all this to be malicious?....I don't think so , just that it is human nature to protect whats closest to you whether you think you can be fair or not.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT

As far as were would i be without GM prom burning?, Left that scene years ago and bought a F.A.S.T system.

You first sentence is again trolling material.

OK, so now the list is just about you?.
While you may have, not everone else here has. Have you you ever heard of the saying *the most good for the most people?*.

There is such a thing as the big picture.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Nick, don't take it personally. its JMHO that 4 people shouldn't decide if we know about a vendors bad dealings because it was resolved on the side. I have no problems if no posts about them are made, or all. Its the ones that are weeded out in the middle that bother me. ....................

Scott, I fully agree with you that bad "vendor dealing" or problems with a vendor should be aired. How to do this in a fair manner is the question? We do not want to "decide" which bad dealings to allow, as all should be if they are in fact "bad". I would rather you picture the moderators as a "referee" rather than judge and jury!

One person's bad experience does not make a bad vendor. There are also "bad" customers as others have already mentioned. You have seen the vendor threads that have been complaining about relatively minor items, and get out of hand with others adding comments which fuel it and make it into a nasty slugfest. As you know, this is not good for anyone involved.

It is important to us that members receive a platform to voice a valid complaint and to help weed out undesirable vendors and individuals. We need to develop a method to do this without good vendors being unfairly damaged. The suggestion of a forum directed just to these situations is being investigated. Any other input is welcome as to what members think will work best.

Originally posted by bruce
You first sentence is again trolling material.

OK, so now the list is just about you?.
While you may have, not everone else here has. Have you you ever heard of the saying *the most good for the most people?*.

There is such a thing as the big picture.

Whatever SO I AM A TROLL. Do a search and youll find i have given out all kinds of tech info and help scince ive been here.And if anyone needs help from me im stil here. This crap doesnt bother me none the less.
Otto

So these gurus that left us, where did they go?

Import scene? :p

Ford products? :eek:

Chevvy building? :rolleyes:

Just wondering what upscale class of folk accepted them and made them happier. ;)

Just a joke............... :cool:

Originally posted by salvageV6
So these gurus that left us, where did they go?
Import scene? :p
Ford products? :eek:
Chevvy building? :rolleyes:
Just wondering what upscale class of folk accepted them and made them happier. ;)
Just a joke............... :cool:

It's not that they changed car brands, it's that they quit publicly contributing.

I wish I could laugh, but there were projects that just continued, and just never public domained. In cylinder pressure readings, torque measuring in car, further WB developement, it all continues.

After what happened with the DIY-WB, do you think that project just died, or just went out of the public domain?.
The answer is that it continues to this day.

The acceptance of the piracy of it here, as well as other lists, sealed it's fate. Too bad, but hey, the silence of the majority, and the fear of being called a Special Olypics competator, has again taken it's toll.

Sad, that folks no longer are willing to take a stand, especially when it counts. Anyone think 911 happened out of the blue?. It was apathy that CAUSED it. Imagine if they'd really figured it out and 75,000 or more lives had been lost. Think about it.

What's *minor*, adds up.

No offense but it is insulting for you to compare anything to do with an automotive bulletin board to the incident on 9/11. The two aren't in the same league and shouldn't be compared in my opinion. Not a flame...just an opinion. These are cars and rude people...the other is terrorism and murder....apathy or not....two very different things.

Originally posted by BlownZ
No offense but it is insulting for you to compare anything to do with an automotive bulletin board to the incident on 9/11. The two aren't in the same league and shouldn't be compared in my opinion. Not a flame...just an opinion. These are cars and rude people...the other is terrorism and murder....apathy or not....two very different things.

They are related, IMO.
There were incidents that lead up to 9/11.
It's ignoring the writting on the walls that can lead to larger problems if left unchecked.

There are far too many people that think because a problem doesn't directly effect them, that, they ignore it.

BTW, this is the Lounge Area and for Off Topic discussions.

Originally posted by bruce
They are related, IMO.
There were incidents that lead up to 9/11.
It's ignoring the writting on the walls that can lead to larger problems if left unchecked.

There are far too many people that think because a problem doesn't directly effect them, that, they ignore it.

BTW, this is the Lounge Area and for Off Topic discussions.

They aren't related. One is terrorism resulting in the deaths of thousands...the other is a bunch of overgrown adolecents who don't have any manners. I understand the point you are trying to make but I think it really cheapens the 9/11 incident by comparing it to a bunch of whiners on a BB.

I am aware of where we are....which is why I am offering my opinion...because it isn't the same as yours is irrelevant.

Originally posted by BlownZ
They aren't related. One is terrorism resulting in the deaths of thousands...the other is a bunch of overgrown adolecents who don't have any manners. I understand the point you are trying to make but I think it really cheapens the 9/11 incident by comparing it to a bunch of whiners on a BB.

I am aware of where we are....which is why I am offering my opinion...because it isn't the same as yours is irrelevant.

No it by no means lessens or cheapens what 9/11 was/is.

All I said was it was the same attitiude that fostered it, that is going on here.

The terrrorists worked their way up to doing it. They didn't wake up on 9/10 and say let's fly a couple planes into some buildings. It was a whole series of events that OBL, and others got away with, that lead to being able to pull it off. The lack of action on America's part over numberous events, let them see us as a nation that didn't care. It was a bad case of apathy, that got us into the some of the problems we have now.

It's about the level of apathy towards rudeness, that is the crux of what I'm talking about.