Can you run motron 60's with the stock turbo?

Christophah

FUGETTABOUTIT
If someone were in search of fastest possible times with the stock turbo, IC, etc., with plans in the future of stepping up to a bigger turbo, could these injectors be used with the stock turbo so that you could avoid buying say, 009's now and motrons later? Or are the stock injectors able to outflow the stock turbo?

Yes as long as you get a new chip.

Lots of guys around here support that idea, if you're going to get injectors, just get the 60s and you'll have room to grow with more mods.

just ordered 60lb 'ers and a chip for my mine from turbotweak, and ill be using stock turbo/intercooler, eric said should work fine!!

Yes but you will only need about 55-60% duty cycle max at WOT on the stock setup.

Lots of guys around here support that idea, if you're going to get injectors, just get the 60s and you'll have room to grow with more mods.

As long as the chip is updated as mods are performed:biggrin:

I put a set of 60's in a stock Gn and also a chip from a ten second street driven Turbo T and the 60's performed well. A good chip for that setup and that would be sweet.

DITTO! As long as you have a chip to go along with those injectors there would be no problem at all.

If someone were in search of fastest possible times with the stock turbo, IC, etc., with plans in the future of stepping up to a bigger turbo, could these injectors be used with the stock turbo so that you could avoid buying say, 009's now and motrons later? Or are the stock injectors able to outflow the stock turbo?

Your stock injectors are capable of bringing your car into the 11's with the stock turbo & intercooler. Your money would probally be better spent on an Alky kit at this time to get the most out of your stock combo.

You might want to look at This Poll as you make decisions in the future. :)

Your stock injectors are capable of bringing your car into the 11's with the stock turbo & intercooler. Your money would probally be better spent on an Alky kit at this time to get the most out of your stock combo.

Even though this could be true,

Your STOCK injectors are probably 20 years old. Buy the NEW 60#s and a chip and be safe and smart. Then buy an alky kit!

Even though this could be true,

Your STOCK injectors are probably 20 years old. Buy the NEW 60#s and a chip and be safe and smart. Then buy an alky kit!

I never realized there was an expiration date on injectors, thanks for your input!

I have had these on my stocker street car for 3 years and I love them.
They are probably the only injector I would buy for a true street car.

I got them on my car...I wouldn't run stock injectors on ANY car period anymore these days since the cars are getting 20+ years old...do you really want to race on 20 year old injectors? I think not!

I got them on my car...I wouldn't run stock injectors on ANY car period anymore these days since the cars are getting 20+ years old...do you really want to race on 20 year old injectors? I think not!

That was my point.

Listen, they dont have an "expiration date", but they have had fuel flowing through them for 20 years. Who KNOWS how dirty they are, not to mention they have been working their @ss off for that long. Everything wears out and deteriorates. Electronics and mechanical things alike.

That was the only point I was trying to make. Not trying to rip on your advice. I would agree with you 100% on getting the alky kit next, if he had some injectors that were only a few years old.

good point.. im running these in my TType and the bone stock hot air car im building up.. awesome street maners

i would run 60's on a bone stock car with out even thinking about it.

I ran the 60's in my car for a few hundred miles & i really was not impressed with them. 10 second capable injectors were just overkill in my mild car so the Old Reliable Blue tops went back in.

I ran the 60's in my car for a few hundred miles & i really was not impressed with them. 10 second capable injectors were just overkill in my mild car so the Old Reliable Blue tops went back in.

sounds like it was something in your tune...

sounds like it was something in your tune...

It probally was. After 20 years of playing with these cars i'm pretty clueless. :D I'm sure the 60# injectors are a great match on heavier moded cars but i have NO desire to build another 10 second car & the driveability was NO better than the Blue Tops.... why keep them??