Can't connect computer issue probably.

Got the com1 error on my car and my customers car. Thanks for the help I will get to the bottom of it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I feel your pain, I gave up, went to Best Buy, geek squad. There was a Indian guy [ the kind without the feather ] had me up and running in 20 minutes

This is as far as I got today. I thought I installed the drivers but it still won't connect. HELP.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1386552026588.jpg
    1386552026588.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1386552042720.jpg
    1386552042720.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 1386552054331.jpg
    1386552054331.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 1386552065812.jpg
    1386552065812.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 96
Looks like the driver is installed correct.

This is going to sound stupid. Make sure your usb cable is pushed in all the way into the PL at the ECM.

I had that same COM1 error a few times when the cable wasnt in all the way. I literally had to press down on it.

Also PL will only read with Key on.

Try a different usb port on your laptop.

Tried all 3 usb ports. I also rechecked connections at pl itself. My computer does not have cd drive so I got my software via net download. ..would that be an issue?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Steve, after looking closely at your Desktop picture, it looks as if you dont have a PL folder with a drivers folder? If that is the case send me your email and I'll send you the full folder not just the flash.

I bet that's it I sent you a PM this am. I probably just downloaded and update and not the actual software then, my computer does not a disc drive.

do you still have my email address? I'm sorry I haven't jumped in until now.

Bob

With some help from Bob it appears to be working for now. First off my computer does not have a disc/dvd drive. I did not have the correct software. Bob sent me a zipfile problem solved. Onto the next issue is win 7/8 like drivers to be signed and these are not. Bob got me around that by reconfiguring my laptop. I had already done this twice and was about to toss everything across the shop but did it while I was in the car then updated the drivers and it worked. So I moved onto My personal GN that already has a PL for about 2 years and it won't connect to my car:mad: so rather quickly I found somones feet had been on the kick panel and the USB connector is broke:eek: so that's another issue. At least MegsDad's car is working as he come to get it Sunday. I need to get the turbo on it and tune still.

On a side note I went inside and now the laptop will not connect to the net. I use and air card as we have nothing out here in the sticks. Messed with it to no avail. Tossed it on the wifes lap the hole time she's telling me it's something I did. So after a reboot it works again. Not sure what the heck happened. maybe something to do with the driver signature enforcement I just turned off. I will found out soon if the PL still connects. In short what a pain!

But many thanks to Bob for his help.