Can't pull shifter down into 1st

P

PC_87GN

2nd is a little tight and it will not pull down into 1st. I can lay under the car and push it in with the wife pulling the shifter, but it won't go without that. How do you adjust the cable? All I saw was a nut and a slot on the shifter arm on the tranny. It was adjusted all the way forward and it would seem that would be the way to go. Perhaps the cable is stretched?

Any other ideas or things to try?

THanks

Don't feel bad, I have the same problem. Maybe someone will have a good answer. I thought mine might be binding somewhere on the shifter assembly but after taking out my console I found that I had wasted my time. Looks like it's TTT for us.;)

Mine's like that too

Probably just an adjustment somewhere?!?!

Hopefully someone has "been there/done that"

boy its late,i should be in bed! but im gonna try to remember. I took all my console out & checked it all,nothing looked wrong,then i put my car on a lift,up under the master cylinder is the rod that moves the colum for some reason & it was binding,i grabbed it & tugged it in the other direction so it wouldnt bind & havent had any problems with it in a year,so jack car up good & try it,bet thats yalls problem,it was mine,hope this helps!!
Brian

Perhaps this'll help:

From the service manual...

Attachments

• shifter_adj.jpg
    shifter_adj.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 337
Yeah...Thanks MeanBuicks

...a picture is worth a thousand words....

...and a picture with captions...well...it's worth a lot a words....