Can't stand the drone anymore

What! No Drone! I have the same system and cant hardly stand to have the window up! Do you still have a catalytic converter? What size downpipe?

I also have the ATR 3" crossflow system.. damn thing drones like hell. :rolleyes:

What! No Drone! I have the same system and cant hardly stand to have the window up! Do you still have a catalytic converter? What size downpipe?

I have a set of the str chania headers and a terry houston 3" downpipe. and a standard test pipe in place of the cat. I don't have a drone. it's raspy under WOT but normal drivng it doesn't seem to have a drone.

But i do have a stroker engine so maybe that has changed it i dunno?

the headers are most likely killing the drone.

I had a set of ATR headers years ago and they killed the drone on that car. Eventually I switched back to stock headers and the drone came back.

The headers made my car sound like a chainsaw at WOT though....

Bob

I also have the ATR 3" crossflow system.. damn thing drones like hell. :rolleyes:

The ATR 3" cross flow is not a real cross flow. It only has ONE inlet pipe and a dual outlets. Check out Bob's system and you'll see what I mean. A true dual cross flow system completely eliminates drone. Nothing else comes even a close second besides a completely stock system with cat.

The ATR 3" cross flow is not a real cross flow. It only has ONE inlet pipe and a dual outlets. Check out Bob's system and you'll see what I mean. A true dual cross flow system completely eliminates drone. Nothing else comes even a close second besides a completely stock system with cat.

Agreed and you get way more flow out of one of the tailpipes than the other :mad: