You can type here any text you want

car bucks, then SES light

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

darkred87T

Under a load or with boost, the the car will buck followed by the SES light but it doesn't stall. I have to restart the car to clear it. It's starting to happen more frequently as I drive the car. When I look up the code, it's a 42 and says it's an "ECM Monitor Error. Has anyone had this problem?

I'm not sure why I'm in the "smog and emmisions tech" section. Maybe I clicked on the wrong forum.:confused:

Got a scan tool? If so,what other parameters are out of wack? Will address monday, when I return to work.

Thanks, got this thread on "General Buick Tech" as well (wanted it to get more attention). The last time I checked, it was throwing a 42 code.

if you do a search on code 42, Steve Wood's website has a great explanation and trouble tree diagnosis for code 42

Thanks, I took the chip out today and noticed a bent pin on this chip itself which obvioulsy wasn't making contact. I hope this clears it up. No trouble so far.
BTW, I'm not familiar with Steve Woods website. I Could not find anything exept for his name when I did a search.

Back