You can type here any text you want

Car feels lazy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EricB

Supporting Vendor
Just got through installing all the bearings in the rearend and havent drive the car in a month or so and it sat for all year when i was in Iraq. No check engine light no knock pulls real good till 4,000-4,300 and just falls on it's face. the more RPM'S it turns the weaker it feels. Pulls hard at half throttle O2 is around 740 to 760. Anyone ever had this happen to them??? and what caused it?? I'm going through the transmission and install a rear main seal and timing chain this weekend. O it starts good and idels fine.

Damn i hate when i forget something

Here is the pictures of the rear end tore down.

Attachments

• CIMG0083.JPG
    CIMG0083.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 349
So you changed the bearings in the rear? Have you jacked up the rear, threw it in neutral and tried to spin the wheels by hand? Maybe the e-brake cable is too tight.
Maybe the fuel filter and injectors got a little varnished up from sitting, and now the spray pattern sucks. Or having a valve stuck open killed some springs...well....weakened them.

still running a cat? Even if you think it's good, check it. I passed emissions with mine and when I pulled it, the guts were in pieces...

Now the car feels better. ;)

the boost is steady at 17 psi and it has a 3" hi flow on it now.

I have the same problem as this guy. So i would like to know what could be the problem. So let me know lol

Based on the fact that it pulls good 'til over 4000 RPM: Sounds like it could be weak valve springs. Bad gas/gummed injectors/tight brakes will affect everything above and below a certain RPM range. How much knock retard are you seeing above 4k RPM again? Some cars need closer to 800 on the O2 counts(or better) to stay out of knock. The fuel filter/fuel pump could be leaning you out at high RPM.

Starting to piss me off

I drove the car all week filled it back up with 93 octane and it still feels down on power. it won't even spin the tires when it goes to 2nd gear. Raised the fuel pressure to 58 psi at wot new plugs and wires and cleaned the injectors today o2 is reading 780 to 790 with 1 to 3 knock when it shifts. It seems like it takes for ever to get to 5,000 rpm. If i drive it easy like half throttle its pulls pretty good. I give up for now. :mad:

EricB said:
I drove the car all week filled it back up with 93 octane and it still feels down on power. it won't even spin the tires when it goes to 2nd gear. Raised the fuel pressure to 58 psi at wot new plugs and wires and cleaned the injectors today o2 is reading 780 to 790 with 1 to 3 knock when it shifts. It seems like it takes for ever to get to 5,000 rpm. If i drive it easy like half throttle its pulls pretty good. I give up for now. :mad:

Have you changed the O2? Your O2 numbers look good but that where I would start.

i would say valve springs too. also fuel press way to high. pull the vac line then set to 40-42. turn down to boost too. good luck

The fuel pressure was at 40 i just wanted to see if it would make a differance.
I/m going to check the camshaft sensor tonight. might just go ahead and pull the front of the motor down and put this timing chain that i've had now for 5 months in it and the HV oil pump.

Well did you ever check for brake/bearing drag?
When I had my rear end put in, I noticed the car felt weak. On the way home, driving down the slope of a mountain, I threw it in neutral, and the car started decelerating pretty quickly.. It felt like when you have a manual tranny, and you drop it into 3rd and engine brake down a slope. I got it home and not only was the e-brake set really tight, but all the brakes were adjusted tight. I literally could not turn a wheel by hand. So its worth a look!

Weak valve springs and a clogged exhaust.
Check your cat converter to make sure it is not plugged.

damn this it's cold out there

I was going to work on the car but i think i stay in the house tonight. Heater is out of fuel :eek: The cat is new (was) 3'' the only thing i think i could be is the valve springs.

Back