car not running right 87 gn

the blms are low...but i don't think thats your issue....if the maf showed 7....that sounds kinda high. i think it should be around 3-5. can you try a different maf? i would start there

blm's are definitly way to low! 90 indicates a very rich condition and it is probably tryin to pull a lot of fuel out. im pretty sure that the battery does not need to be disconnected but the orange wire next to the battery needs to be disconnected so that the computer will reset and then learn the new chip. if you didnt unplug the computer maybe it didnt relearn and it still thinks that u are running ur old sized injectors which could explain why the lower fuel pressure ran better because less fuel was entering the engine.

ok translater now set to on - on - on - off, fuel pres back to 43 line off, car idles kinda crapy . o2's under wot goes to 875 but just as i give it gas #'s drop off alot then jump up, kind of like when you let off the gas o2's drop off .
AF, idle is 07 but when it almost dies at idle it drops to 6 then when the moter saves itself from dieing go to 08, under wot AF's go up to 117...........
BL's idle 49 but will stumble around to 65...... LB 22, 48 , 43 under wot 255
TPS .44 under wot goes to 2.90,............IAC moves around 11 - 51.........
well my typing and even spelling suck.........being that it is be kind to animal
wk it would be great if i could call some one and try to talk about this, or if no one wants to give out there # i can see that or if you know and can help me out pm me and i'll give you my # and call me collect. thanks mike

ok translater now set to on - on - on - off, fuel pres back to 43 line off, car idles kinda crapy . o2's under wot goes to 875 but just as i give it gas #'s drop off alot then jump up, kind of like when you let off the gas o2's drop off .
AF, idle is 07 but when it almost dies at idle it drops to 6 then when the moter saves itself from dieing go to 08, under wot AF's go up to 117...........
BL's idle 49 but will stumble around to 65...... LB 22, 48 , 43 under wot 255
TPS .44 under wot goes to 2.90,............IAC moves around 11 - 51.........
well my typing and even spelling suck.........being that it is be kind to animal
wk it would be great if i could call some one and try to talk about this, or if no one wants to give out there # i can see that or if you know and can help me out pm me and i'll give you my # and call me collect. thanks mike

under WOT ur MAF should read atleast 200 if not 255, 2.9volts for tps is way low too should be atleast 4.3 or so! if it stays at 2.9 u will not even go into power enrichment. how long were u at WOT, reason being the scanmaster only updates at 1.4 seconds so to get an accurate reading u will probably need to be in it for 3 seconds. the 2.9volts could explain why the o2's r fluctuating under WOT since it still thinks that u r not in power enrichment.

have u tried unplugging the computer wire next to the battery to reset the computer. i would try that if u havent just to see if anything changes.

staying in wot longer AF's got to 214 and TPS got up to 3.4........what do i look for or do next???????...
and yes i have unpluged the orange wire a few times .

Adjust the TPS before you go any further!
.42-44 at idle and around 4.6 at WOT (but not higher than 4.8) measured via the pedal.
If you measure at the throttle stop on your T-Body and your pedal isn't going to the stop at WOT, it won't be accurate.

It's a delicate adjustment but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.

Adjust the TPS before you go any further!
.42-44 at idle and around 4.6 at WOT (but not higher than 4.8) measured via the pedal.
If you measure at the throttle stop on your T-Body and your pedal isn't going to the stop at WOT, it won't be accurate.

It's a delicate adjustment but once you get the hang of it, it's a piece of cake.

with ingine off but key turned forward if i push gas peddle to the floor TPS goes to 4.5

i realy wish i still lived in milwaukee county , as i would drive this pos to menards and forget to remove the keys

i realy wish i still lived in milwaukee county , as i would drive this pos to menards and forget to remove the keys

My wife has some folks in WI...... you can drive it over there... leave the keys... and walk away from it... and not feel guilty :biggrin:

or i could just leave the garage door open tonight but they better hurry as one of these days while i'm working on it i'll forget the trouble light laying on the seat only to be awoken by the fire dept.

hey bud hang in there! is the reds chip for the 42's? if so how does the car run with the reds chip? i saw u posted earlier a BLM as 60 something? the lowest reading i thought u can get is a 90 like it was before which means pig rich.

u said the car idles better when the fuel pressure is turned down, so maybe go out and turn the fuel pressure down to 36 or so and then check if ur BLM went up any. do not drive like that and get into boost but that test could help. if the number does go up then u know for sure the engine is getting too much fuel.

the only other thing i can think of right now is a miscalibrated MAF maybe but thats all new.

the lt1 maf is not a new one it's used , i got it from my nephew who got it off ebay. and the reds chip is for the 42's.. what would be great is if some one had a known working stk or lt1 mas that would send it to me and if it fixed my prob buy it. the sad thing is once it stops hezatating or bogging when you give it gas she runs just fine untill i slow down and gas it again.

i had a tt chip for 100 octane, but i took it out and replaced it with a reds 93 chip as i had no way of getting 100 octane at the time but the car runs the same with both chips...
mods and car
87 gn 53,021 org miles
after market fuel pump
hot wired
k&n open air filter
adj fuel reg
after market exhaust
42 lbs inj
te44 turbo - translator came pre set

i have my old sm #'s but tonight i'll get all new #'s one at idle warmed up and one set of #'s just as the car stumbles, and hopefully that will get me the help i need to get it running so i can enjoy the car when i drive it.. or just hope these cars keep gaini=ng in $ and just sell it when i can turn a good profit........oh well thanks for any and all help,mike

What chip are you currently running?

What boost are you set at?

Forgive me if you have said this before.... but the thread is getting diluted fairly quick.... and you have changed so much stuff.

IMHO.... you will never get the Red Armstrong chip to run right at idle and part throttle....so don't waste any more time on it. Most of the time it will be super rich up top too....

The fact that your BLM's are real low suggests for whatever reason... the ECM is pulling a crapload of fuel out.

Also... IMHO.... the scanmaster isn't the best tool for real troubleshooting.... it is fine for keeping an eye on things.... but the refresh is too slow. Alot can happen between refresh's that you will never see.

IMHO... if you are set on keeping the 42's.... send the Red chip to Eric... and have him burn you a 93 octane street chip.... and tell him your entire combo.

Also... as others have suggested.... fix the TPS ASAP.... the ECM doesn't even know you are going to WOT....that could be a large part of your problem.

HTH

first off when i had eric burn the chip he knew it was for the lucus 42's, 2nd i thought me tps is ok at.44 and 4.50??lets start this mess from when it all started spring of 06, had a guy come buy and he installed on my car 44 turbo - used 38lbs inj.with a chip - adj fuel pres reg and hot wire when done i start the car as it sat there running he said wow wish my car idled this smooth, and once the car got up to opp temp she stumbled and died, so i came on line for help, it was then i bought new inj 42's and had eric burn the chip for lucus 42's car still would start up cold but die a few min later. so to the board i go, oh sounds like your maf took a dump, because as it would stumble hit it and it picked back up. so i buy a reman delco maf did the same thing - replaced that one with another rebuilt one ran a tad better, but still crappy so new o2 sensor nope new fuel filter new plugs and wires nope.then got a used lt1 maf from nephew and bought the translater ran a bit better but crappy yet. i have checked for vac leaks and went over the engine with a propane tank looking for idle change and nothing..i would realy like to enjoy this car before i die.........thanks

so the only difference from car running good and bad was a new turbo being installed?

if so maybe the ground wire that goes down to one of the turbo bracket bolts is loose?

so the only difference from car running good and bad was a new turbo being installed?

if so maybe the ground wire that goes down to one of the turbo bracket bolts is loose?

i don't recall a ground wire on the turbo bracket... i'll check that
just checked i see no wire any where near the turbo or the brackets, or did i just fall for the old wire by the turbo bracket joke.

no joke there should be a wire going to one of the two bolts that holds the turbo to the engine block and head. if u have a breather on ur pass. side valve cover it should be straight down from there. i think its usually on the lower of the two bolts i think. if i can i will try to take a look at mine to see what exactly it goes too.