Carbon Fiber Valve covers

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
Can anyone make CF valve covers, or use the CF with the silver in it? Sorry if it seems too "ricer" but no one makes anything CF for these cars and I personally like the way it looks. I guess if worse comes to worse i'll just end up trying to make myself a set :rolleyes:

I think that would look awesome!

Not too sound too ricer-ish but, I believe you could trick out the engine bay with CF and make it look super stealthy...

CF Valve Covers, Cool!!

I'd be in for a set, as long as they clear roller rockers, and have the factory holes so I can still pass smog visuals.
John A, Turbohh

come guys cf = old

get Carbon Kevlar! Stronger and looks better. if someone is actually going to even do this, please make it carbon kevlar instead of carbon fiber. Again if someone is going to do this might as well use the good stuff right?

WOOAAH DUDE...LIKE OMG:D

Sorry but call me rice I think a hood would be sweet as well

Hood and trunk would be nice, hell even fenders. Alot of weight savings. I might have a connection soon and will talk to them about the VC's, we will see what comes of this in the future.

Kevlar

The problem with Kevlar is that it wicks any kind of liquid. Like water and oil. Kevlar also will not stay yellow looking when exposed to sunlite.
I have seen Kevlar on aircraft that has wicked so much oil that it gets ruined and must be replaced.

funnel

carbon fiber funnel.jpg I made this CF funnel.

I would be in for a whole CF or CK body panels...

I'm talking hood, trunk, fenders, bumpers, supports, hell, even doors if I could bolt all of the stock gn hardware up to them...

Then I'd paint the car black again and laugh at the tech guy when my car tips 30xx lbs with driver...:cool:

Sweet funnel. Did you use epoxy resin? How well is it holding up to the oil?

The resin was epoxy I believe(I used pre-preg). The funnel took several hours to make even with a template for the material. There are six seperate pieces in that funnel. Wth three layers the material thickness is only about .030. I havent used it for oil yet, but was told it would hold up fine. I have another small project that im working on now, if it turns out ok I will post it up.
BTW 1sqft of CF=9$

I like the look of carbon fiber...I do not like the look of carbon kelvar!
Conrad
Hot Air

The problem with Kevlar is that it wicks any kind of liquid. Like water and oil. Kevlar also will not stay yellow looking when exposed to sunlite.
I have seen Kevlar on aircraft that has wicked so much oil that it gets ruined and must be replaced.

I have never seen CK fade on any automotive applications. I have carbon kevlar reclinable racing seat, I LOVE the yellow over the carbon fiber. It clear can be seen as easily as a difference, its stronger, and thus is ID'ed as better in most minds. The yellowish color is like good beer, nasty at first.....then after some time you can't live without it. That is what happened to me and beer, once I had the good stuff I can't drink soda water beer anymore period and I would rather not drink if thats all they got, cus I know I can find a nice Stone Brew Vertical Epic somewhere whereever I go :) I wouldn't really be interested anything in CF anymore simply due to carbon kevlar being stronger and just as easy to work with including working and processing the material itself. Just my 2 cents.

i like the look of carbon kevlar, here is my seat I am about to off load to finish my car, in the background.
I will be able to get about 1g for the seat, as it retails 16 hundo! Should be enough cash to get my exhaust tigged up just fine.