Carbon Fiber Valve covers

I don't know if anyone saw the episode of musclecar where they painted the hood on the cuda. Shot one layer of paint, layed down some of that matting you put in the cupboard with the tiny squares or whatnot and shot it again. Looked Fn awesome on that car. Wouldn't hurt to try it on your DD;)

I don't know if anyone saw the episode of musclecar where they painted the hood on the cuda. Shot one layer of paint, layed down some of that matting you put in the cupboard with the tiny squares or whatnot and shot it again. Looked Fn awesome on that car. Wouldn't hurt to try it on your DD;)

I dont want that fake crap, I want the real deal ;). I also saw a guy paint CF and it did look good, but I want to be original.;)

How about adding a aluminum ring sandwiched in the layers of CF with raised up areas around the bolt holes so they seal and the pressure isnt on the cf..

How about adding a aluminum ring sandwiched in the layers of CF with raised up areas around the bolt holes so they seal and the pressure isnt on the cf..

I've thought about that or having a seperate peice of CF water jetted to match the factory holes than grafting the top of the VC to the base, basically instead of having a 3.5" VC bolt it would have a 3/4-1" bolt. I'm still tossing around ideas.

I currently have some carbon fiber products in production for my car. Once I get them on the car I will shoot some pics and you guys can let me know if you want me to build you some stuff. Interior pieces are going to get carbon fiber skinned. Other parts depending on how many people are interested could be made entirely from carbon fiber. Let me know what you guys want and I will get started making some prototypes.

Going into production (Should be done in 3 Weeks)
- Air Dams (these usually fade)
- Bumper Fillers (these usually fade and crack)
- Bumpers (light weight and strong)
- Interior pieces (making a full kit)

I am also doing alot of other misc pieces.

Let me know what you guys want!

I have both so I can do it in either. People just need to let me know if they prefer one or the other. Either can be done for any part.

I think there would be some interest in a true carbon fiber hood that would bolt on as is.
Conrad

If there is enough interest I will do it. I am currently making parts for other cars 370z, porsche, BMW ect. So if you guys want something spread the word.

So, any idea how much a CF hood would run?
Conrad
Hot Air

Depending on how many people wanted them. A preliminary estimate would be anywhere from $700-$1000. That being said a fiberglass hood goes for around $400 and alot of work is needed for them to look presentable. The CF hood would be top quality and a show quality piece direct to your door. This estimate is give or take cause I have done the calculations yet.

Nick - My vote is for doors/deck lid/header panel.

Should be an easy 150lbs of weight savings with those pieces!

BTW - My Hartline Glass hood is awesome and looks show quality...but a CF hood would drop another 15 lbs over the glass!

Bill

not real carbon fiber but i could have fooled a couple guys.

Attachments

• fpl bill 002.jpg
    fpl bill 002.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 243
  • fpl bill 003.jpg
    fpl bill 003.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 232
schweet lol!!!! Id be in for some cf parts too nick decklid and doors especially... You should make the bottom half of the center console they always crack and it would be simple to make...you got any in progress pics or some of your other work?

The center console is something that can be carbon fiber skimmed. Which is one layer of carbon fiber on top of the part which would stop it from cracking and make it look great. The decklid and doors can made made entirely from carbon fiber still waiting to see if there is enough interest. I will have pics by next week unless the holidays get in the way. Otherwise, the first week of January. Currently we are skimming interior parts for the porsche 997 and nissan 370z.

I would vote for a nice (bolt on...i.e. no finishing required) hood, console base, console top, frt/rr bumper covers/fillers, radiator cover.
Conrad
Hot Air
E85 Moderator

I would be very very interested in a CF Factory style Skin, Dzus on hood, Minimal as possible.....

PM me if possible!

thanks
Mike Washington