You can type here any text you want

Cars for sale -- Negative Comments

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
we should protect our members from potential scams or bad deals.

X2 !! scams are happening more an more on every site. NOT only on cars . To me they would be the easiest guys to scam because of the greed factor:frown: When something seems to be to good to be true ....well you know the rest .

One huge problem is the way an ad is listed. Vague information, crappy photos, wishy washy about selling all invite bad comments. Another issue is when someone flips a car a few months later. That invites bad comments too. I do apprecite when someone that has personally seen a car makes comments though. At least your getting someone's opinion based on the actual car. Pretty much all those type comments are positive too.

If we are going to have a respected Forum, then we should keep it professional

I agree..Someof the comments i read on here.. Im like damn what a pr*ck!! But the people who make them comments either dont have the money. a car themselves.. or they just hate there life and wanna make others just a miserable as themselves. I dont have a Turbo Buick and i would never . never nit pick and tear apart a car thats for sale!! But, hey thats me!! But comments about how a carlooks , Anything on the car you like and want info on , And maybe some advice on better ways to list a for sale ad... But yet all these can be PM'd to these OP's. Like JOHNDEER said.. If you dont have nothing nice to say. Dont say anything at all!!

What about a requirement or standard of putting a general location of the car in the heading?

"87 GN, low mileage and quick - TX"
"1986 Buick GN - New paint - FL"

lets not take it too far....its nice to have people who have seen the car chime in, also a legitimate problem can be spotted.

No not really cause that starts up what he is saying in the tread.

Peoples opinions vary wildy.

It happened to someone here in the board with out going into details of who is who.

It was a car located in Mass. it was 6 years ago. it was $5k car A dude in NJ asked about the car. He went up & expected to get a flawless 10 or 12k car for 5k and got pizzed cause it wasnt and ripped the person who gave an honest assesment to the best of his knowledge..

I think you could send a SHOUT out to have a member check a car in private if it is a far away deal.

Or go and see it yourself. Take or meet a member with you if you are not up to par on what to look for.

Just my opinion But I can see how some of you don't think otta the box.

gentlemen-

we had a run of negative comments towards cars for sale last year, and all it does is hurt the value of the cars and make a lot of people angry.

This year i am going to do my best to monitor any negative comments and deal with them accordingly.

You can post away and discuss cars for sale, wish them luck, tell them that it's a beauty or whatever. But rather than tell someone he is nuts or crazy and this and that please just don't reply if all you can do is say something negative.

A guy had a cherry car for sale on here for over a month, a few people told him it was way to high blah blah blah and i saw it in hemmings last month and it sold rather quickly for more than he was asking here.

So as momma always said, if you dont have anything good to say, dont say it at all.

Ty

its about time someone takes care of this problem. I can name people by heart that are first ones to say negative things towards a car being sold never fails. I hope we have a good year this time around. I have had friends that just rather sale there cars somewhere else then here for this same reason what shame.i like to thank you for pointing this matter out and fixing it.

Al

its about time someone takes care of this problem. I can name people by heart that are first ones to say negative things towards a car being sold never fails. I hope we have a good year this time around. I have had friends that just rather sale there cars somewhere else then here for this same reason what shame.i like to thank you for pointing this matter out and fixing it.

Al

+1
It took so long because the people that were bashing these cars were internet pals of the moderators.

As far as the guys who put up a crappy ad, yeah it frustrates the hell outta me. But hey, they probably wont get any calls so in the long run it is their loss.

No need to make a negative comment, if they cant write a decent ad then the car can go unsold..

New idea

How about if someone bashes a car on here he has to post pics of his car:rolleyes:I hate going to cruise nights and people bash my stuff:mad:then my wife says where is your car:pJust a thought

Kevin

+1
It took so long because the people that were bashing these cars were internet pals of the moderators.

You are intirely wrong here chief, I have no idea what the heck you are referring to but if you mean the current moderators you are wrong.

If that was the case why in the heck would I have made the post to begin with?

You are intirely wrong here chief, I have no idea what the heck youa re referring to but if you mean the current moderators you are wrong.

If that was the case why in the hell would I have made the post to begin with?

Ty i think he means the old Mod of this section we all know how things were then ;)

Ty i think he means the old Mod of this section we all know how things were then ;)

ahhhh ok.. Thought you whinebags were talking about me :p On the serious side opinions are just that when looking at a car.. I have looked at cars for a long time that were suppose to be nice. !! Go an look and you can see your feet threw the trunk !! Their reply "Hey it's a 20 year old car" . :eek: I don't understand how someone can pay thousands of $$$$ on a car site unseen!! Then bitch on here when it arrives looking like one of my winter beaters :biggrin:

...Oh 87granny ..don't try am be an imposter !! Ask Shane to change your name to 86granny !! thank you (see I am being nice :biggrin:)

LOL :biggrin: Dan the name came before the car, should baught that white T with the black header panel and astro roof you had for sale i woulda been ahead of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back