You can type here any text you want

Castrol Super Clean

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tommyg

:frown: I just used this product to clean an already pretty clean engine. It ruined the finish on all the alunimun components. How can I restore the finish on them? I will call Castrol tomorrow and see what they will do about it. Tommy

Did it make them like a hazy white? You might try spot cleaning again with Simple Green before you get too depressed

Time for a lenghty date with some wadding compound and a big tub of aluminum polish I'm afraid! :frown:

Castrol did seem concerned. They're sending me a claim packet to take care of my damage. Is there an aluminum cleaner that will restore my finish without doing a polish by hand?

Super clean is some effective stuff, but it will kill a finish. It wrecked the powdercoated stuff under my hood, and it also killed the clear coat on my friends wheels. Now I just use a heated pressure washer at work, or a mild detergent.

A good polish is Mothers Billet. It is very fine and requires more elbow grease but produces a smoother finish. So, I would use some Wenol red and finish with the Mothers billet.

That, or a buffing wheel and white rouge. Or if more cutting action is required a red rouge followed by the white rough. Use a different buff wheel for each type rouge/compound.

All this is of course for an already smoot/polished finished, and not rough castings.

It did the same to my work van I had. Super Clean is powerful but it does havic to some finishes. I still use Super Clean but I use to clean the driveway.

If you need to clean your motor, use Simple Green or Zep Super Orange. Simple Green is alittle less powerful than the Zep.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back