dynoman

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
DSCN0182.JPG
DSCN0184.JPG
DSCN0182.JPG
DSCN0185.JPG
DSCN0187.JPG
DSCN0187.JPG
I decided that while my motor was out that I would Swain Tech coat the headers , crossover & down pipe. Here are some pics.
DSCN0182.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0186.JPG
    DSCN0186.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 158
I had the same thing down to mine. Love the outcome and I can tell a difference under the hood. Looks good.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Boy I screwed up my post , Here are after blasting
DSCN0189.JPG
DSCN0190.JPG
DSCN0191.JPG

And after Swain Tech White lightning. Boy this stuff is thick , I plan on checking with a non contact temp gauge and compare to my EGT's
DSCN0200.JPG
DSCN0200.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0205.JPG
    DSCN0205.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 153
  • DSCN0207.JPG
    DSCN0207.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 164
The last pic was after painting with VHT hi temp flat aluminum . The finish of white lightning is like 120 grit white sand paper and they told me that paint adheres very well to it if I don't like the color .

3 years later how is the coating holding up? Did you paint them at all? Looking into this same stuff..

They look no different , the only thing I would not do is Hi-temp clear them (VHT makes a clear). It turned a light brownish color but it brushed right off after was heat cycled a few times . No cracks , nicks or scratches anywhere , I took this picture right after I read your post .

DSCN0515.JPG

Yes , not as hot down by the upper A arm that had ruined a bushing and made a mess of the inner fender ( before I bought the car ). I'll check my EGT which is just before the turbo and see how it compares to the surface temp with a non-contact thermometer this weekend .

They look no different , the only thing I would not do is Hi-temp clear them (VHT makes a clear). It turned a light brownish color but it brushed right off after was heat cycled a few times . No cracks , nicks or scratches anywhere , I took this picture right after I read your post .

View attachment 301159
Thank you Sam, looks great.. Seems like a good investment