You can type here any text you want

CHALENGED BY A LS1 will I have a chance?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
450 from a ls1 is nothing my buddy jason has a 00 ram air ta with a 90mm tb, long tubes, comp cam ,exhaust and comp mods and is doin 472 to the wheels.
mix that with a 100 wet kit and hold on!!!! :cool:

but 70mph is ghey no one does that sh$t f-em in my opinion racing is for the track not the highway!!!!!!!!!

just my 2 cents

Drag racing should always be done from a dig, period. From a roll is ghey import crap. The only time I've ever raced from a roll is when I raced my buddies chevelle in my GN and we were both seriously worried about losing traction on the cold street and he just wanted to see where he stood anyway. Neither one of us liked the idea of one of us sliding into the other car. But that was also one of the RARE times I was on plain old radials, which I don't even own a set anymore. Only stickies.

I'd call them on it, make 'em go from a stop. Call 'em chickens if they won't. But beware, a properly set up F body can hook too. I have dead hooked mine on the street on drag radials in cold weather before.

Racing from a roll is a bs request. Especially if they are challenging you. Go borrow a friends street bike and race them from a roll with that. See how they like that. They are afraid of getting spanked. You still have the power to beat them from a roll, but they are a lot more slippery at high speeds compared to our flying bricks and require a lot less power at high speeds to punch a hole through the air . I wish i was in TN, i would race them cunts from a roll with my brick and see how they do.

Another thing is i have seen a few supposed 500+ hp LS1's on the strip and they didnt mph much over 120. They run great on the dyno but not so great at the strip with the same dyno numbers as are cars. That only applies to what i have witnessed and the owners claimed hp numbers. I know there are a lot of nasty LS1's out there. Especially when they are pressurized, like every engine should be :biggrin: .

highboost said:
450 from a ls1 is nothing my buddy jason has a 00 ram air ta with a 90mm tb, long tubes, comp cam ,exhaust and comp mods and is doin 472 to the wheels.
Whoa, hold on there. 472 at the wheels (about a 170 hp gain from stock) with just a cam and exhaust? Stock heads? On the motor? There is no way that's happening. I've seen 400-415 with just a cam (a big one) but 472 is way out of line. I call shenanigans.

Oh, and a 70 mph roll race is completely moronic. They automatically lose just for suggesting that stupid crap.

TommyV8 said:
Whoa, hold on there. 472 at the wheels (about a 170 hp gain from stock) with just a cam and exhaust? Stock heads? On the motor? There is no way that's happening. I've seen 400-415 with just a cam (a big one) but 472 is way out of line. I call shenanigans.

Oh, and a 70 mph roll race is completely moronic. They automatically lose just for suggesting that stupid crap.

cut the mullet and learn to read! i said nothing about cam and exhaust

read my post i said cam, longtubes, exhaust,90mm tb,and computer mods.
im sorry if you do not beleive or read well but i was at the dyno shop you were not :rolleyes:

All the dyno boys that have their LS1's "dyno'd" ....... what kind of speeds do they turn through the quarter... and what is the race weight? That is the best indication of HP.

As far as "My car made XXX HP at the wheels"..... is a fairly hollow statement IMHO......subject to scrutiny.......I have a brother that works in that industry.. and has had his car on several dynos... and been around probably 100+ pulls from diferent cars on different brand rear wheel dyno's...... He calls the Dynojet dyno's.... magazine dynos...... cause they show larger numbers than other brands of dynos..... the Mustang brand of dyno's are typically more stingy with their numbers..... What I am saying is....you can't argue with a trap speed of a certain weight car...... proof is in the time slip....all arguement of how much power was made is null and void IMHO. If you got a trap speed... and a race weight.... there are easily available formulas to figure out power output...... and if someone argues .... my car spins very bad off the line and threw my MPH off.... that doesn't hold any water either...... cause trap speed is hardly effected by 1.55 60 ft vs 2.20 60' ... on the same car..... the trap speed will be very close to the same..... ET will vary greatly ... but not trap speed.

Just my 0.02

I see your times!!

Blazer406 said:
All the dyno boys that have their LS1's "dyno'd" ....... what kind of speeds do they turn through the quarter... and what is the race weight? That is the best indication of HP.

As far as "My car made XXX HP at the wheels"..... is a fairly hollow statement IMHO......subject to scrutiny.......I have a brother that works in that industry.. and has had his car on several dynos... and been around probably 100+ pulls from diferent cars on different brand rear wheel dyno's...... He calls the Dynojet dyno's.... magazine dynos...... cause they show larger numbers than other brands of dynos..... the Mustang brand of dyno's are typically more stingy with their numbers..... What I am saying is....you can't argue with a trap speed of a certain weight car...... proof is in the time slip....all arguement of how much power was made is null and void IMHO. If you got a trap speed... and a race weight.... there are easily available formulas to figure out power output...... and if someone argues .... my car spins very bad off the line and threw my MPH off.... that doesn't hold any water either...... cause trap speed is hardly effected by 1.55 60 ft vs 2.20 60' ... on the same car..... the trap speed will be very close to the same..... ET will vary greatly ... but not trap speed.

Just my 0.02
My car has not been tuned "at all" by direct scan, and the trans is starting to flare on the 2nd to 3rd shifts, and the regular radial tires spun through 1st and 2nd and here is what I still ended up with > At 21lbs boost with a mix of 93&110 sonoco, 8.24 @ 90.24mph 1/8th, 2.096- 60ft. still not a bad MPH considering all the bad points.. this spring will be a whole different story. New re-built trans w/trans brake, moser axels, direct scan tune, and having the converter re-stalled to a "n" stall from art-carr 3600-3800.. :biggrin:

highboost said:
cut the mullet and learn to read! i said nothing about cam and exhaust

read my post i said cam, longtubes, exhaust,90mm tb,and computer mods.
im sorry if you do not beleive or read well but i was at the dyno shop you were not :rolleyes:

sorry man but a cam only car ie stock headed LS1 with all the bolt ons and supporting mods will not pull 472 to the wheels. The dyno may have said so but it was off or miscalibrated. low 400s for big cam only cars is common but 470s would even be good numbers for a heads/cam ls1

darkred87T has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled

Here is the message that has just been posted:
cut the mullet- LOL it's like the pot calling the lettle black. :p
:p
was that what you had to say? :biggrin:

you maybe right the dyno may have been off but i would'nt imagine it to be off that far could it?
i know very little about dyno's so.........
i also cant spell :confused:

highboost said:

you maybe right the dyno may have been off but i would'nt imagine it to be off that far could it?

Somebody may have entered the wrong gear ratio for the car thus changing the output, or maybe the SAE correction factors were wrong due to user error when inputing the altitude and weather conditions etc.... I think the highest i have ever heard of was around 430 to the rear on a cam only setup, and its one hell of a huge (not streetable) cam if i remember right. 470 is closer to a very stout heads/cam setup or small stroker motor with a more sedate heads/cam set up.

highboost said:

Yeah, before I realized the LS1 you were talking about was your freinds car, not yours. :p

good morning guys.
first off i would like to appoligize for my 15yr old brother hijacking my computer.
second id like to appoligize to anyone that he offended with his smarta$$ mouth.

3rd my brother inlaws car is 472 at the wheels but derick thinks he know more than he really does(hes only 15 forgive him)
since he started this ill fix it for him
the car has way more mods than he knows.
like ported 6.0 heads, fast 90mm ported intake, 75 shot N2O, .600 lift comp cam, long tubes w 4" exhaust,LS1 edit comp. programing.
please forgive the dumba$$ he know not what he says :rolleyes:

sorry guys (and i will be kicking his a$$) :eek:

That's funny right there..... I don't care who you are......... :D

No harm done here....... I just think there are smart enough people here to recognize truth from fiction when they see it...... good call guys!

like i said hes a dumb 15 yr old that thinks he knows more than he does :eek:
one day ill get him lined out,but he is tryin to learn.

Back