You can type here any text you want

Change or leave stock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

skidman

3 turbos,no money
I have an 81 Riv turbo engine(pics in Msd btm post) which is fresh, but bone stock and has been sitting for 12 years. Would a cam do anything with stock,unported heads or would you just leave it stock?I have to get my 4-seat sand rail painted and together this winter or I will go crazier than I already am! Any input would be helpful. Skidman.

I have an 81 Riv turbo engine(pics in Msd btm post) which is fresh, but bone stock and has been sitting for 12 years. Would a cam do anything with stock,unported heads or would you just leave it stock?I have to get my 4-seat sand rail painted and together this winter or I will go crazier than I already am! Any input would be helpful. Skidman.

it will help out a little, but porting the heads and a cam will really wake that motor up.

Port and polish will wake it up quite a bit along with a cam. One other thing to look at is one of the modified turbos. If you want a better idea of what I'm talking about click on the second link in my sig. Aj's got the parts to do whatever you want to with it. I just followed someone elses idea and posted the info.

Port and polish will wake it up quite a bit along with a cam. One other thing to look at is one of the modified turbos. If you want a better idea of what I'm talking about click on the second link in my sig. Aj's got the parts to do whatever you want to with it. I just followed someone elses idea and posted the info.

soon i will be doing my 301 turbo.. i just found some alum welding rods on ebay so now i can use my arc welder.

I'd put a 75 shot on that drawthru sand rail while leaving the rest alone and hang on tight!

soon i will be doing my 301 turbo.. i just found some alum welding rods on ebay so now i can use my arc welder.

Post a link Matt but remember that ARC is very hot so take you're time and don't warp the housing.

I'd put a 75 shot on that drawthru sand rail while leaving the rest alone and hang on tight!

That will make it way to easy Adam.:tongue: Get everything right first and then add the N2O, then hang on.:eek::biggrin:

Hey A J , is a ta33 a whole turbo or a mod of what I already have? I have heard of a ta33 before, but dont know the application. By the way,I was not trying to dismiss your earlier turbo suggestion when I made this post. Another thought, if engine is stock,versus modded,wouldnt the turbo "overpower" a stone stock engine or wouldnt get as much benifit from it versus ported,cammed engine. Did that make any sense? Skidman.

its a combination of both.

I will need to replace most of your old turbo for some new guts.

As for the turbo over powering the engine,

not likely, the stock turbo was pretty crappy to begin with and so the TA33 will be an overall improvement everywhere. its just a much more effiecent turbo. Spool, power, cost, and even weight improve dramatically with the TA33

A.j.

Back