changes to my car

ghall

I am making some big changes to my car and I just wanted a place to sorta document it. I have owned the car for about 13 yrs. and it has had multiple combos throughout the yrs. After yet another blown headgasket, i decided to finally really step it up and go to the next level. I understand their are far more potent combos than what i am putting together, but this is exactly what i wanted to end up with.
Drivetrain going in the car is a stage 1 4.1 with all the good stuff, ATI full manual reverse turbo400 with matching tq. conv. and a 76gtq turbo. All ARP bolts throughout. I have a few decisions to make as far as headers and exhaust. But this is a brand new never fired combo--ready to go. Car already has fast and ready to betuned by my best friend

I am just going to post some pics(random) to show some of the effort.

No real time frame to finish the car, but will make an effort for the buick nats coming in march. Conciderable amount of work still needs to get done, but i have some very good fabricators ready to go

My wife is a great sport,and i love her to death---i she had any idea how much i spent in the past 2 months------she would prolly be on the up side.

Pics below, and i hope to add more as theis goes on

I know several people on here, but i would like to personally thank :
NCTURBOS---simply the best
Boostingbuick--you're awesome Mizzi
Sully,===thanks

Anyway, as my car transforms from a 3.8/200r into a stage 4.1/turbo 400, i would like to document it.
I have a couple of random pics to show getting us started

Geoff
DSCN0177.jpg

DSCN0178.jpg

DSCN0179.jpg

DSCN0181.jpg

More pics will come as this thread grows

Geoff

Nice Garage!! Is that an 03-04 cobra back there? Did you figure why it blew a HG? The New motor looks like its going to move the mail!:cool:

Sounds like a good build, definitely keep us updated with pics. Looks like you have some other toys in the garage as well, must have a very understanding wife!!:biggrin::cool:

Nice Garage!! Is that an 03-04 cobra back there? Did you figure why it blew a HG? The New motor looks like its going to move the mail!:cool:

Thanks, yes thats a DSG 03 vert. I did figure out why it blew a HG:redface:--i got a lil happy with the boost, and it lifted the heads a few times. I had a 70 HPQ at 32 lbs and the irons just wouldn't stay down--oh well, good excuse for what i am doing now!

Sounds like a good build, definitely keep us updated with pics. Looks like you have some other toys in the garage as well, must have a very understanding wife!!:biggrin::cool:
She is a very understanding wife, although i think i may have pushed the limits with this latest transformation of the GN. Other toys in there are a 2006 corvette(Wifes DD), 2003 cobra, 2007 gt500(red cover), and 1987 GNX(grey cover)
Where did you get your oiling system?

It is a dutt. oiling system--i purchased the motor complete, so it was already installed. This particular set-up was done by Anderson's in Maryland. I can get you more info if you need it, just don't have it here in front of me.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff. I hope all is going well and you know I am just a call away. If you need me let me know. Good luck and looking forward to a ride.

Geoff... Thanks for the props!! Your friendship over the years has been very much appreciated!!

The build looks great & I can't wait to see more pics. Looking forward to March!! Let me know if you need anything...

K.

Had a good day today! Got the new aluminum radiator put in, front pullies installed, exhaust studs put in, cleaned up chrome valve covers and installed them. New intake installed with ARP SS bolts everywhere. Here is some pics of what it's starting to look like.

Geoff
DSCN0191.jpg

DSCN0189.jpg

DSCN0186.jpg

DSCN0184.jpg

had a good day today! Got the new aluminum radiator put in, front pullies installed, exhaust studs put in, cleaned up chrome valve covers and installed them. New intake installed with arp ss bolts everywhere. Here is some pics of what it's starting to look like.

Geoff
dscn0191.jpg

dscn0189.jpg

dscn0186.jpg

dscn0184.jpg

nice motor!!:d

Geoff it looks great! The ARP everywhere is right on point, gotta love it!!

I guess you're really gonna put my modded cam sensor to the test with this one!! ;)

K.

It is going to be close, but we have decided to try and get the car ready for the nats in 2 week. Still a ton left to do. Here is where it is at today(3-3-10). Still have to run new tranny coolant lines, new fuel lines, fab up new external gate DP and install, remote oil cooler, wire fans & injector harness with new casper's harness', install shifter-cable--and linkage for tranny, plus much more little things.
DSCN0203.jpg

DSCN0202.jpg

Anybody wanna come turn some wrenches:eek:

sure i'll turn some wrenches!! drag it to oklahoma and we'll wrench and drink some beer !!! great looking project!!

You are living my dream. Incredible garage and cars to fill the spaces. Love the pictures! Congrats!

Thanks guys!!!!

Didn't get as much done i as hoped. Alot of the changes were under the car, such as new tranny cooler lines, and new fuel lines. If you look close, there was some changes in the engine bay, the Caspers duel fan wiring is almost not seen(great kit). Today is 3-06-10--still trying to get it together for next week!
DSCN0204.jpg

Geoff