Chip for #42.5 ?

darkfa8

- driving everywhere -
Currently I have blue tops with a Testa chip.. stock turbo..

I will be upgrading to a ta49, and while Jim told me that the #36 will suffice into the high 11 area, I can get my hands on a new set of 009s....

I've been told and have read thay they're very fat on the low end...

or.. should i just wait and save for MSD 50s?

With the correct chip you can make them work. The 50s would be a better choice but I wouldn't be afraid of the 42s.

Originally posted by JayC
With the correct chip you can make them work. The 50s would be a better choice but I wouldn't be afraid of the 42s.

Hey Jay,
Do ya do CC for payment?? I will be buying one of your chips soon, Or just money order,
Thanks
Seneca Lafler

009's-jaycarter100octanechip-ta49

My 87T has this combo in it. I never got the specs on the chip-it was in the car when I bought it-Jay may have an even better chip now. My car starts and runs perfect-never any black smoke on acceleration. Were I live the big thing is the 1/8th mile. On General 215/65/15 factory size radials, the car has run 1.818 60' time-5.040 330' time-7.783 1/8th mile time@88.56 MPH. This was on 7/13/2001 in 100 degree, high humidity conditions. This is also on a factory 95,000 mile longblock. All modifications are bolt-on, through closed exhaust, and stock suspension w/o an airbag. The car does have Bilstein shocks and a pinion snubber. Maybe not the quickest car in the forum, but an awesome daily driver with no driveability quirks. Easy 11 second combo on slicks. Remember fuel pump and hotwire, exhaust, intercooler,TPS settings,fuel pressue, etc. all need to be addressed to work together properly. I drive the 100 octane chip in all the time, but want to check on a Jay Carter 93 for more "low octane" daily driven miles.

Stagll wrote:
On General 215/65/15 factory size radials, the car has run 1.818 60' time-5.040 330' time-7.783 1/8th mile time@88.56 MPH.

So, Stangll you actually got your car to do 1.818 60' time with those 215/65/15 radial tires? :confused:
Did you use VHT?

Lets see if I figure right, 88.56 mph in 1/8 mi. should translate into about 108-111 in the 1/4 mi., which should be about 12.6 -12.8 ET.

Hard to believe you got that good a hook with those tires. I'm not saying its impossible, but highly unlikely without some sort of traction aid or a VERY WELL prepared track and still then I wonder.

I'm running 009's with the stock turbo, big neckintercooler, and upgraded exhaust and they run fine. I bought a chip from Cotton's, I think it's a Jay Carter for 93 octane and it works nicely.

For what it's worth, I haven't found any of the tip-in stumble that I've read about with the 009's.

RPOLC2, I used to have a Monte SS with a 406 small block that ran 1.8 60's on 215/65/15's. Even managed a single 1.68 out of it but I was never able to duplicate that.

Charles Brooks

Originally posted by RPOLC2

Hard to believe you got that good a hook with those tires. I'm not saying its impossible, but highly unlikely without some sort of traction aid or a VERY WELL prepared track and still then I wonder.

60' s are only as good as track prep.

How much boost were you running stangll ?

:cool:

track performance experts?

When I purchased the car in Pennsylvania it had already ran 12.5 @ 107mph on 18# of boost at Englishtown and Atco. The 660' time on those runs were an 8.23! THe best 60' time had been 1.98 for the previous owner. I now run 22# and leave on only 2#. Not being dumb enough to put a higher stall in a very responsive turbo/injector package-plus rear seat bracing,pinion snubber, Bilstein shocks, and rediculous General 215/65/15 white letter street radials work on this car. 28# of pressure in the tires, no VHT, on a street tune day, this car ran within .013 seconds of each run back to back. A great burnout without getting in the water, and the car flat runs. Car has a Hooker 2-1/2" cat back, 3" THDP, ---- come to Tennesse to see it - I bought it off this forum last winter. Aris had the car for sale-originally posted July 30, 2000 as "12 second 1987 T" in the cars for sale. The car is for real, and no, I didn't believe it myself when the car ran the #'s. Enough already, you make people not even want to post on the forum. I have better things to do than justify myself to the "self proclaimed experts of all things turbo". GOOD DAY

track perfofmance experts?

And yes-the converter was locked in second gear for the runs.

Hey Stangll, I wasn't knocking your car. I think it's great your able to get a 1.81 60' time. You must race at good Track that prepares the surface really well. Unfortunately Carlsbad Raceway doesn't have the best hook. If a car with street tires(radials) can get anything in the 1.9's its a good day. Hell I have seen cars with slicks that run low 12's and NOT get into the 1.8's let alone the low 1.8's. You have a good one. Let's keep it civil. We are all here to help each other.

It's Civil

I thought I saw a challenge in your original post....no thing. The turbo has more left in her- trans mods are my focus now. Plan on attending True Street Challenge events with the drive and best of three ET. I want to compete with stock tire size to really make it interesting. I believe the car will do a 11.90 with the right weather and track conditions---on stock size tires. Should cause some head scratching when it happens. My friend Scott can tune and drive the devil out of anything- there is more to come.

Heh.. I figured Scott had his hand in that car somehow. Tell him I said hi.