You can type here any text you want

chip for tta with 50#inj...where to purchase thrasher for best price?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

syclone01

Looking for a chip for the tta, 50#inj, pt-51, heads, cam, thdp, etc.....seems like most are getting good luck out of the thrasher....looking for one for street and race gas....what are most of you using or which one do most seem to get good luck with here on the tta's????
thanks, damon

Don't know if they have a 50lb chip but i would skip them and get a chip from Jim Testa or from Precisions.
Dan

thrasher chip for 50's

Hacked thrashers are out there for the 50's:D

My car runs very well with it!;)

Mine too :D

I may have a spare one.email me ;)

The time on the sig below was with a thrasher chip.. :cool:

I ran a "hacked" Thrasher in my Turbo T w/50's. Good combo. Just finding them are a little difficult.;)

A hac'd Thrasher?.

I'd just be curious as to where folks draw the line about it being a pirated Thrasher?.

Last I heard Thrasher was a brand name and Trasher chips are still for sale.

I don't sell Trashers, or chips, but I am curious about what where the line is from piracy to hac'd.

Moral or Legal Line

Originally posted by bruce
A hac'd Thrasher?.

I'd just be curious as to where folks draw the line about it being a pirated Thrasher?.

Last I heard Thrasher was a brand name and Trasher chips are still for sale.

I don't sell Trashers, or chips, but I am curious about what where the line is from piracy to hac'd.

Do you want the moral line or the legal line? There's 2 standards basically, what is right and what is allowed by the law. The law doesn't protect people who don't protect themselves by trademarking or copyrighting their stuff. If they don't or can't (due to expense and costs), is it ok to copy because the law won't prohibit it? Well, then its the moral issue of whether you think its right and what you do despite what you think. If I had a nickel for every person that did something contrary to what they think, I'd be retired right now......LOL

Alan

Originally posted by bruce
A hac'd Thrasher?

I'd just be curious as to where folks draw the line about it being a pirated Thrasher?
If it isn't an original Thrasher chip bin file, but it uses the Thrasher code with modificiations (as in this case for 50pph injectors), it is referred to as a hacked Thrasher chip. Sorta like a DIY-WB from Australia. ;)

Last I heard Thrasher was a brand name and Thrasher chips are still for sale.
The real thing is still available from me, with full support. Russ and Rob also still sell them. Yes, Thrasher is a brand, but as with most TR products, no patent has been applied for and received.

Re: Moral or Legal Line

Originally posted by Alan Faircloth
Do you want the moral line or the legal line?

There was a day when a man could be taken for his word, and there was no difference.

I know it's an old fashioned idea.

Originally posted by Scott231
If it isn't an original Thrasher chip bin file, but it uses the Thrasher code with modificiations (as in this case for 50pph injectors), it is referred to as a hacked Thrasher chip. Sorta like a DIY-WB from Australia.

No changes to the code?.
Then it is piracy in my little world. It saddens me how little of world it's getting to be anymore.

Too bad so many folks don't know what they're missing out on because of things like this. Short sightedness really is a cruel joker.

Well,....there's several versions of this "hacked" Thrasher. Some are regular Thrashers that people modified the injector constant to fuel em for 50's, and some are more accurately called the "developemental" Thrasher. Rumor is it is a bin file that was in developement by Thrasher for the 50's when the plug on the project was pulled. I've heard several versions of this whole story from some of the Thrasher vendors, so I'll just keep my mouth shut about the details. But this unfinished chip leaked out,...and people are now using it. Personally, the one I had was one of the developemental ones. Nobody, vendor wise can sell this chip since it is unfinished. At times, in some cars, it can do some "quirky" things, but I never had any issues with it. It ran a lot better than my Joe Lubrant chip for 50's even after I sent it back to Joe to have him redo it cause I was unhappy with it.

There's no secret mojo magic to chip burning.....do your homework and you can do it yourself....you can't really patent a automotive chip, what you can do with them is fairly open and easy knowledge,....it'd be like somebody trying to patent the wheel.

Originally posted by Hi-psi
But this unfinished chip leaked out,...and people are now using it. Personally, the one I had was one of the developemental ones. Nobody, vendor wise can sell this chip since it is unfinished.

There's no secret mojo magic to chip burning.....do your homework and you can do it yourself....you can't really patent a automotive chip, what you can do with them is fairly open and easy knowledge,....it'd be like somebody trying to patent the wheel.

OK, it was a development chip, using for anything else was against the developer's intentions. Then for one of the developement ones to be leaked, well it's just a matter of symnamtics, mine being it was used illegally.

There is a huge difference from being able to burn a chip, and being able to understand the inner workings of it. Yes, it takes time, and that's why I refuse to let one of mine out of my eyes.
The melding of all the elements are an art form and yep, no way to protect that other then not sharing. And who suffers?, not me, I have spent the time, but the average guy does. And piracy just drives up how much he suffers.

Bruce..you have done a tremendous amount of R&D on your own vehicle and have acquired a tremendous amount knowledge due to your devotion to this field...

It is however a shame to be on the cutting edge of our cars ecm tuning capabilities which are now 15 years old and going away and not sharing physically what you have accomplished except for the "crumbs" you lay out for us who follow your threads to learn from.What you say you have done and accomplished maybe great..And it may your perogrative to keep your vault closed from prying thieving eyes..but the bottom line..the only reason anyone would want "what you say you have"..is to have their TOY run better.Thats all enthusiast's want..

I'm not trying to start a pissing match with you..its just a shame for you not to share openly..

What can happen if you do? Or do you think that becuase you've had 5000 hours playing with an ecm bench that nobody will ever have your secrets.Its your court and your ball..How you wish to play is up to you.Maybe I say this becuase I have no secrets..And am willing to divulge any information I have freely.And I seem to win more friends than enemies.

My take on the thrasher deal is..."if" Thrasher offered chips for 50's for sale...and someone copied it and sold it..I would then have issue and cry FOUL.Since they dropped the 7148 project when the got to the 36lbr's..Too bad for their missed opportunity.Same goes on the fabled 009 one's that exist..

Life is to short..and If I had a choice whether to learn 100 percent from scratch our 15 year old ecm...i'd invest that time in a Motec or Felpro and be light years ahead...

Peace guys

:)

WORD! bro

pretty much exactly what I was thinking.....geezz, it's not like there are 10 of these cars right next door. I could halfway understand if you had something for a camaro or mustang, and you didn't want to help them run better.........or were street racing for major bucks....but a friggin chip....? for a TTA? I always help my friends with their cars, GN's T's..if one of them gets faster, then it just makes me get mine running a little better.

Back