Cigarette lighter

1kwick6

Cigarette lighter loses power when accelerating,took car to track last night had laptop hooked to inverter from cigg lighter as soon as I left the line or anything over 1/2 throttle it would lose power and would come back after I let off. I've been looking in the search areas but can't find that certain problem. Bad ground??? Thanks for any help.

As Bryan says, probably loose. When I race my car, if I get a 60' time in the low 1.6'2 or high 1.5's... my cigarette lighter always flies out. I actually look for that because then I know I may have a great run going and I'll "stay in it" through the traps even if I get a couple blips on my detonation detector.

What u mean buy ....Loose? Cuz the inverter I had pluged in was tight an had not backed out.are u saying that the plug itself is loose and loosing ground? I don't mean to sound dumb but this one has goy me and I bet is real simple!

be careful running stuff from the cig lighter, if you lose the ground side, depending on the laptop and stuff, it can feed the ground thru the powerlogger of Maft Pro cable and cause some damage.

You should make sure all is solid in the connections.....

I spent my money on a better laptop battery.

Bob

Yes BOB, I got a new, more powerful battery on the way it's just something that happened and I was just tring to fiqure out what was going on in just gonna use the cigg lighter to keep the batt charged up in the pits gonna run off batt while I'm running.