Classic Fast Software Update

TTipe

Snake Skinner
I went to the FastAirSpark web site looking for a software download opportunity for classic fast (version 1.02 ??) I have version 1.0. Where can I get the software update?

1.02 is the latest update for the classic, I doubt you will see any more updates on this.

1.02 is the latest update for the classic, I doubt you will see any more updates on this.
Norbs I have the classic (seq,indiv cyl fuel etc). I'm interested in a safeguard system like yours.It has the best control scheme I have seen to date.I don't believe XFI could be as safe (if it has a sophisticated ESC ). Did you purchase the "universal" model? Where did you place your knock sensor? I'm looking at running a pair in the water jackets like the 3800 if possible.This will save head gaskets as long as negligence is not a co-efficient.

Norbs I have the classic (seq,indiv cyl fuel etc). I'm interested in a safeguard system like yours.It has the best control scheme I have seen to date.I don't believe XFI could be as safe (if it has a sophisticated ESC ). Did you purchase the "universal" model? Where did you place your knock sensor? I'm looking at running a pair in the water jackets like the 3800 if possible.This will save head gaskets as long as negligence is not a co-efficient.
Norbs please ignore my last post.It looks like you purchased the Vampire.

Actually I am running a distributor and that is a single channel unit. I had some other mechanical problems so I can;t tell you how it worked on the race track. It uses the stock knock sensor, but the new units use the bosch sensor. John@JS is a great guy and if you have any tech questions he knows his stuff, Yes it is much faster than the buick esc system, and if you get the mircophone you could attach it to your stereo and blast it down the track, so you wont miss any knock:) I if you don;t have any exotic valvetrain hardware I think your making a good decision to buy one.

Actually I am running a distributor and that is a single channel unit. I had some other mechanical problems so I can;t tell you how it worked on the race track. It uses the stock knock sensor, but the new units use the bosch sensor. John@JS is a great guy and if you have any tech questions he knows his stuff, Yes it is much faster than the buick esc system, and if you get the mircophone you could attach it to your stereo and blast it down the track, so you wont miss any knock:) I if you don;t have any exotic valvetrain hardware I think your making a good decision to buy one.
No exotic valvetrain here,but I'm trying to understand how the coil module signal to fire interfaces with the safeguard.The safeguard has to be a pass thru.This is probably something which they have purposely not put on their wiring mech.

Yes of course it passes through, and mods the signal timing to the coils. Hav you actually installed the fast yet?

Yes of course it passes through, and mods the signal timing to the coils. Hav you actually installed the fast yet?
Have not installed the fast yet.I talked to the gent who last ran it (turbobitt,Allen G.) and he said I would be very pleased with it.Its loaded with his tune for 96#.It will give me something to start with.

If you hit any roadblocks with setting it up, let me know, I can lend a hand.

Bob

I went to the FastAirSpark web site looking for a software download opportunity for classic fast (version 1.02 ??) I have version 1.0. Where can I get the software update?
Thanks for the offer.

I have 2 things going on at once.My turbo was up in Canada being optimized (just a project) and I had to get Remflex gaskets out of Washington.I won't have the gaskets before 05/29 so I may be able to install the turbo this coming weekend.Once I'm satisfied with the turbo then I will begin the fast installation.The Safeguard install will be easier than I thought.

I never knew Canadians know anything about turbo's where did you take it? Did JOhn @JS explain everything to you?

John at J.S. did not have to explain how the circuit works.I just needed my coffee.Three leads (low resistance would help) are all thats req'd to the Safeguard.When the Safeguard hears knock, circuit is closed and potential to a cap?? Then delayed potential goes back to primary coil. If no knock then Safeguard does not intercept.