Classic Tube (How long to wait)

Morbid

I ordered some fuel lines (from tank rubber to rubber above the axle) from Classic Tube on Friday the 9th of March.

Now with the understanding that the website states that "in-stock" items take up to 5 days to ship, the one's I needed weren't in stock.

Does any one have any experience on shipping times with these folks?

Mike took my order but when I called to check last week Tim said they don't stock anything on the shelves and orders are manufactuered and shipped First in - First Out.

A couple of weeks seems mighty long to wait for some metal tubes to be bent.

MorBid

classic

I ordered 2 brake lines. They were made and shipped the next day. I ordered back in January when they may have been not so busy. The tubes were perfect as expected. In the past I got other lines from them and I was completely satisfied. Those took two weeks. Call them and ask for status. They have always been very easy to dea with.

Thanks Dan for replying.

I did go with them as opposed to Inline because of the great reviews they got here and your right they are some of the nicest people to deal with.

I'm only in the next county over from them so shipping should only take a couple of days. I give it the full two weeks like you did and see what happens. I would really like to move on with this project.

Greg

I ordered the same fuel lines and they didnt fit well at all. :mad: I had to re-route them and make bends where there was supposed to be bends. I thought they didnt stock/make them for the GN anymore?:confused:

Mine took 3 1/2 weeks including shipping and I'm one state away.

Worth the wait, it worked and fit well. :smile:

my1stgn:

I hope mine aren't that way, after waiting so long. The car failed inspection cause of a fuel leak on top of the gas tank. I dropped the tank expecting to just replace the rubber (which I had). To my shock the 1/4" return line had a little rust hole in it where the lines run through that seperator.

Mike knew exactly what lines I needed when I called to place the order but he didn't say anything about not handling Regal's anymore. Maybe that's why it's taking so long cause they gotta be made special.

salvageV6:
I'm hoping for results more in line with yours. Thankfully I have my other car to drive while the Regal in up on ramps. Just pains me to see my baby laided up like that.

Now would've been the perfect time to get under there and do some cleaning,grinding, and painting of that part of the under carraige but it seems Winter won't leave Western NY. What else is new.

We Finally just said screw it & ordered 5-7 sets at a time. I think I waited 3 months plus for SS ps line for the 86-7 Pumps.Kept sending me the wrong parts trying to calm me down. That just aggrevated me more.

Hey Brian, it's Greg in Rochester. I was actually on the phone with one of your employees (Joe) when I figured out I needed these lines. He reckoned that new would be better and cost about the same as pulled fuel lines.

I called this Classic Tube this morning and they said they would call me back after lunch (as the lines hadn't been made yet).

They did call back and said they would get them made up so I could have them by the weekend. Then they called again later in the afternoon and said they were done.

It's mighty hard to get mad at these folks when everyone I've talked to is as nice as can be. Kinda folks you don't mind spending money with.

I went with SS cause it wasn't really more than the regular lines.

Now I just hope they are the right one's.

I ordered the complete brake line set. They said they had to be made and were not in stock. Took about 3 weeks. Worth the wait though, they looked great and fit perfect!

K I got the lines and while there wern't "exactly" like the OEM ones that came out, I was able to get them to fit. $55.00 for Stainless Steel isn't too shabby.

Moving on, once I got everything back together it seems I've stripped either the bolt or that funky nut for holding the straps up in the front of the tank.

Ne1 know part numbers for these or better yet where to grab some.

TIA

MorBiD

K I got the lines and while there wern't "exactly" like the OEM ones that came out, I was able to get them to fit. $55.00 for Stainless Steel isn't too shabby.

Moving on, once I got everything back together it seems I've stripped either the bolt or that funky nut for holding the straps up in the front of the tank.

Ne1 know part numbers for these or better yet where to grab some.

TIA

MorBiD

That is actually a clip that slides over the frame. I should have a few around here.

I just checked my own site & we don't have the brake lines or the complete fuel lines up there yet.
Ir the Baer rear disc brake system I need to get cracking.

Thanks Brian.

I pulled the clip off last night and brought it to work this morning. Used a M10-1.5 Tap to re-thread the thing and it seems okay now. We'll see what happens when I get under there again this afternoon.

Your probably the only source for a U-nut like this so if it doesn't work I'll give you a call.

Greg

I stripped one of mine out too.

You can actually use a good hardware bolt 5/16" or 3/8" and nut about 3/4-1 inch longer for ease of installation, or the proper M10.

That's one place you can actually get your hand up there with a wrench easy enough.

Assuming your gas tank is empty or almost empty, and the usual working on your back in the driveway. :p

I don't take those bolts all the way out. If you loosen them, you can then take out the rear pins mounting the straps behind the bumper. The rear pins just slide in and it makes removal and installs easy.

On your back in the driveway, of course.

With the bolts still in place, and the tank empty, the tank tilts down in the rear. You then have easy access to the connections on top on the way out and the way in.

salvageV6:

I did have a M10-1.50 Flange Nut from the parts store as standby but re-threading the original one did the trick. Bolt went in and tank is in place.

Soooo, I put a couple of gallons of the fuel I siphoned out into the tank and crank her up while the ass end is still on the ramps.

Check the lines and hoses I put in back there along with the harline crack on the bottom of the tank I repaired using JB-Water Weld and POR-15 Patch. No leaks, everything is groovy.

Well till I go around to the drivers door that is to pull the car down and see a pool of liquid which is dripping from the frame rail to the ground. The liquid is gas of course.

Now I move the front end onto the ramps and what do you know, now the 3/8" feed line is leaking. Too much rust to see the hole but it's some where under the door cause the line is dry before and after.

I replaced the rubber on that from the frame to the pump on the block two weeks before starting the backend, why it started to leak now I haven't a clue.

So I call Classic Tube and after some time on the phone we come up with the line I need ($100 for steel) and my mechanic will install it for another $85 (there's no way I'm trying this with just ramps.

It never ends with these cars people, just never ends.

Greg

I love Classic Tube. Eventually I'm going to have to change all my rusted fuel lines and I will surely go to them. I have already replaced my fuel rail lines with the stainless and they are a perfect fit. Don't get too mad at Buick vendors unless they really deserve it. As the years go by, less and less vendors are making parts for these cars.:(