You can type here any text you want

code 42

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wbzautocustomiz

Want my GN to go 11's one day
Ok from earlier thread code 42 info is EST or bypass signal may not be present does anyone know how to check this out want to see before I just replace ign module and still have same problem so I would like to check all first, or even if someone has a wiring schematic and values of wire for reference, Thanks

Pin B4 white wire is the EST. It goes from the ECM to the ignition module.

Here is the ecm pinout Scroll down the page it also shows the module.

update

Ok EST wire B4 white (1.10-1.12) @ ECM is reading correct values and bypass wire D5 tan/blk (4.55-4.56) is reading correct also. Now should I think that the code 42 is indeed a bad ign module and/or coil maybe? Car had new ign module, coil and chip about 1 year/1500 miles and has done alot of sitting, open to all that would chime in on this and thanks to all.:confused:

What's the build up on it?

You have a translator system on it?

Does it set the code always or just intermittantly?

Check and clean the ECM and module connectors/pins.

Ok EST wire B4 white (1.10-1.12) @ ECM is reading correct values and bypass wire D5 tan/blk (4.55-4.56) is reading correct also. Now should I think that the code 42 is indeed a bad ign module and/or coil maybe? Car had new ign module, coil and chip about 1 year/1500 miles and has done alot of sitting, open to all that would chime in on this and thanks to all.:confused:

Did you try following the diagnostic trouble tree that I linked to in your other thread? Having a "road map" to go by is better than guessing.

No build up just stock w/ chip and exhaust, code 42 is constant on scanmaster car breaks up and stutters real bad as it gets to 2500-3000 rpm, yes have cleaned ecm ends and ecm connectors and I will check on thread also. Thanks

Back