You can type here any text you want

coil over question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dragrazor

I am getting ready to buy some new rims for my car. I want a coilover kit to be able to have the adjustability in case i run into rubbing issues. I recently bought qa1 rear coilovers and need to purchase the front kit but i am not familiar with what rate springs to get for the front. There are 250, 350, 450....etc. Anybody using qa1's that can tell me which ones give the best ride/adjustability? I have 130's for the rear which i hope are the right ones. I want the best ride possible since i really wont be racing. My car is stock with regular 3.8 weight in the front. Thank you in advance.

I have QA1 coil overs in the front with 350 spring load capacity and QA1 12 way adjustable shocks in the rear.
Firm ride no rubbing issue :cool:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

King, how high is your car off the ground or how many inches were you able to drop it?

16x8 front 16x10 rear
The coil overs allows me to adjust the height to different variations.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Attachments

• 1374156495248.jpg
    1374156495248.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 128
I also have the 350# the ride is great, I put the ol' girl on her chin with no real issues (other than destroying my SLIC scoop on a dead dog in the road) I have the stock wheels wrapped in Falken Ziex 225/60/15's
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1374173234.305827.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1374173270.620721.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1374173326.420332.jpg

To all that replied, thank you. Last question, If you wanted to, can you bring it up to stock height?

You absolutely can, there is plenty of room to adjust due to the fact that the entire shock body is threaded to bring the lower spring perch nut up or down to desired height.

azrial, thank you. Did you guys make/buy a plate for the a-arm where the shock mounts to the the arm? I heard that its not good to have all the weight on the two bolts that bolt to the a-arm.

When doing coilovers make sure you measure your ride height b4. Changing so you have a starting point or ending point.

I purchased these from this site in black, cheapest place to get them, and an all around great product. I have had no problems with them and they are quality pieces. I splurged on the $75 option on the Delrin bushings. Also, this web site was easy to work with.

http://scandc.com/new/node/88

That price is for the set (2) lower control arms. Just to verify

With the shock providing assistance with the load, 350-420 won't fell all that much different due to the adjustability of the dampening. Like I said, I have the 350's and the shocks are adjusted to the higher settings and the thing is solid as a rock. Makes cornering fun in the old lead sled. Now I just worry about the stock stuff in the back letting the ass end loose :)

Back