You can type here any text you want

Coil Pack - Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dereklola

IndyLights
Some may remember I'm restoring an Indy Lights race car with a n/a 11:1 port injection Stage II engine - normal racing rev range 6000-7500 rpm. I'm using an aftermarket ECU which will drive both injectors and ignition.

I now need a coil pack - just the coils - no fancy electronics - just the coils. Any suggestions?

I've got an email into Electromotive to see what their latest situation is (their previous model, which I've used, has an electronic module built in the base) - but so far no reply.

How about three MSD-8224? (go to Summit Racing and search on that number)

Any other suggestions? Googling hasn't helped much this time.

Thx - Derek

:cool: Will the BMS factory power source coil #25500062 work for you. this is a racing coil pak. I have several of these available, also have the black box and wiring wiring harness if intrested. see attached pics. thanks mike

Attachments

• BMS Coil Pack.JPG
    BMS Coil Pack.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 146
  • BMS Ignition Module.JPG
    BMS Ignition Module.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 136
  • BMS Wiring Harness.JPG
    BMS Wiring Harness.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 139
Thx Mike - I have one of those but don't know what electronics are embedded in the base - see pic attached. I don't need any of these electronics since my ECU is fully self-contained - I just need the coils. Can I just snip the wires and connect them directly to my ECU? Or am I better buying new coils from someone like MSD or Electromotive? Anyone?

Attachments

• BMS 25500062 .jpg
    BMS 25500062 .jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 141
Back