You can type here any text you want

Cold Air Intake setup issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trixdout

So guys I really searched on this forum, this time (unlike the other threads I've started), and cannot seem to find anyone running this 3" cold air intake from gn1performance (http://gn1performance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=ColdAirKit).

I'm having a fitment issue where once I get the pipe that has the 90 degree bend doing behind the headlight goes down, it does not line up with the maf pipe at all. It's off by about 2 inches. Do I need an offset there? Or should the pipe line up correctly. I also installed the KB headers (3bolt), is that a reason why my cai does not line up properly?

I also did not move the vapor canister at all. Do I need to move that or can it stay in place?

It will fit. Takes a few minutes and a lot of deep breathes. Where it mounts to the core support, bend it a little and it should fit perfectly. Mine Did!

It will fit. Takes a few minutes and a lot of deep breathes. Where it mounts to the core support, bend it a little and it should fit perfectly. Mine Did!

Core support? I'm not that great with naming things by their proper name, but once I learn them I don't forget. You mean the sheet metal behind the headlights, where the pipe goes through?

It is for a 3" MAF. Your stock will work if you have reducers, but will be funny looking, waste of money n performance.

I'm taking a wild guess that the stock maf won't work with this setup?

You might want to give a call GN1 Performance and ask them which one you order since it did claimed to "please specify which mas airflow sensor you are running".

You might want to give a call GN1 Performance and ask them which one you order since it did claimed to "please specify which mas airflow sensor you are running".

Funny thing is I did specify, but the box came with no instructions or anything of the sort. I'm not dim witted, but I told them that I was going to use the stock maf at first then switch over to the 3" lt1 maf sensor I have once I get the money for a translator.
It is for a 3" MAF. Your stock will work if you have reducers, but will be funny looking, waste of money n performance.
Performance wasn't really an issue because it wouldn't be permanent. And yea it did look funny when I was putting it together that way. Oh well.

Funny thing is I did specify, but the box came with no instructions or anything of the sort. I'm not dim witted, but I told them that I was going to use the stock maf at first then switch over to the 3" lt1 maf sensor I have once I get the money for a translator.

Performance wasn't really an issue because it wouldn't be permanent. And yea it did look funny when I was putting it together that way. Oh well.

I'm not insulting you, but it might be that someone could have gave you the wrong set up? Just a thought

I'm not insulting you, but it might be that someone could have gave you the wrong set up? Just a thought

Oh no, I know you weren't insulting me. I didn't take it the wrong way. It is very possible they could have.

I have this exact same set up for a stock maf. It fits but it will be a little struggle.

I have this exact same set up for a stock maf. It fits but it will be a little struggle.
Dam it, figured as much. I'm already having trouble with the first pipe from the turbo hitting upper bolt for the driver ic bracket.

Back