Collector Car Insurance? Grundy or Hagerty.

So what happens if the agreed value is some inflated amount, like $20k on a car that is really worth $12K? If they normally would total it with 80% damage, then do you really want to keep your car after sinking $15k into it for repairs? I can see the benefit if it gets stolen though.

Heacock, agreed at $42k, $220 per year, unlimited miles. Made a $1k claim, it was repaired within a week at a shop of my chosing with the parts I wanted. No premium change.

Heacock, agreed at $42k, $220 per year, unlimited miles. Made a $1k claim, it was repaired within a week at a shop of my chosing with the parts I wanted. No premium change.

Nice, that's much lower than Grundy, plus you've had a claim and they paid without cancelling.. Sweet. I may have to look into Heacock.

I may be switching... I can cover my Chevelle and GN for only slightly more than Grundy with Heacock. Not to mention I clicked the box that says 'occasional drive to work.' That means a lot since my past polices have forbid that and occasionally I'd like to drive a car on a nice day..

Heacock Classic all the way.

VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!
The insurance is not nearly as important as the appraisal. If you do not have Certified Appraisal by a reputable appraiser...you could get screwed by the best of companies. BUT...if you have a well documented appraisal with detailed photos and written condition...that is agreed upon by you, the appraiser, and the insuring company...it will hold up in a court of law. My appraiser charges $350-400 for each appraisal, but part of the fee is used as a retainer for his services. He is also an attorney, and in 25 years...has never had an appraisal overturned. That's better piece of mind then the company insuring the car/cars, in my opinion.

Had a good friend learn the hard way.

Hagerty here $300 a year per car - $15,000 value. I will get it reappraised after it is done being modded.
I have Classic tags as well which are lifetime tag with no annual renewal and more importantly, emissions exempt in PA.

Grundy here . Had a claim with them sent adjuster out gave me 800. For the lil damage I had . He told me if this was hagerty they would have fought me on it and maybe half . Grundy for me . Car is in body shop getting repainted the correct way all taken apart . Moving car up to 35,000 . Shouldn't be a problem.

I have American Collectors. Didn't have a good experience after my Malibu went for a swim in Sandy. They paid up, but treated me like s..t. Looking to jump ship.

I have American Collectors. Didn't have a good experience after my Malibu went for a swim in Sandy. They paid up, but treated me like s..t. Looking to jump ship.
They all love gettin there money though . That's horrible . We lost our shop in toms river . I got my race car outta there or it would have been under 5 1/2 ft of water .

I have both GN's and my 71 chevy pu with American Modern for over a year. on 2-8-13 my 71 chevy pu got stolen from my driveway, and adjuster stated - that because it was not in Garage, claim is Denied. I told him - how did he want the chevy in Garage if 2 GN's are already in there? common sense tells you it's not possible. anyways Im waiting for their response. as there is an out - if underwriting agreed to insure 3 vehicles, knowing that I only had a 2 car Garage , the chevy in drive way is covered as long as I had an alarm and kill switch installed. I don't know how they took it but here are pics of the results. ok, I don't see attachment button.

I had a dog run out and take out the side spoiler on my 77 TA about 10 years ago.
I had a Hagerty policy on it. They asked where I was going I told them pleasure drive up town, and they said send them a picture of the damage and get a estimate from the shop of my choice. I did and I got a check in a couple days was about 800 bucks or so total I think. No premium changes etc...

I'll have to come back to this thread soon I'm sure. I'm already getting shit from my insurance agent that I'm gonna have to prove my car is worth the 15k I told him to insure it for. Haven't seen too many rust free Turbo T's go for any less than that.

Iok , this is what before and after the cops found it.

Attachments

• CAM00003.jpg
    CAM00003.jpg
    846.9 KB · Views: 123
  • CAM00002.jpg
    CAM00002.jpg
    880 KB · Views: 119
  • CAM00015.jpg
    CAM00015.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 124
  • CAM00019.jpg
    CAM00019.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
do we have any Ins Agents or Adjusters that are Members? That would be willing to share information? you can pm me if you'd like. AMIG adjuster is doing research on who agreed to Insure the Chevy knowing that it would be pasrked in the driveway. I received a letter from elitecollector, stating that they want me to send in writing, a letter to have them remove the 71 chevy as of 2-9-13, from the Policy being how it was a total loss on 2-8-13. My question is - how did they know it was a total loss the day I reported it, if I didn't see it until 2-25-13? So if they knew it was a total loss on 2-8-13. I spoke to adjuster on Monday 2-11-13, and he stated that there was a an exclusion in my policy that states vehicle must be garage kept, but he had to look for it. then on 2-12-13 he Denied my claim because of said exclusion. but he mentioned nothing about my chevy being a total loss. If he knew it was a total loss on 2-8-13 , then he had already made up his mind by the time he called me. It just doesnt add up. I work Graveyard, and left home at 9pm and chevy was in driveway. Sheriff Dept found my truck at 1030pm on 2-7-13, my cousin called me at work to tell me truck was gone at 7am on 2-8-13. I called Police to report it at 8am, then Ins at 9am. I did give Ins the case # along with the APD #. for 3 weeks I kept calling the PD to check if they had located my truck, and Dispatch always said no. On 2-23-13 I got a call from the PD to advise me they had my truck. thats when they let me know that the Sheriff Dept had found it before I reported it stolen. So my question is - if the Ins Adjuster called the PD, and the PD advised him that they had already found it , before I reported it. then they already knew it was totaled. thats why their letter reads the way it reads. I will wait and ask them when they call me after they conclude their research.

BTW, don't take shit off these people. THey will try to screw their own mothers. The company I am with tried totaling our GTP without even seeing it. After me and the wife both called them one after another throwing a fit and cussin at them a bit, they agreed to what we knew the car was worth so it wouldn't be branded salvage.