You can type here any text you want

colorado TR owners alert.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cathan

Hello

I regret to report that my 1987 Grand National was stolen from my driveway in Longmont, CO during the night of June 12, 2006. I had the car for 8 years and it was really a release from the "everyday grind" for me.

I have also listed this thread in the proper place, but I thought it reasonable to post it here as well.

The car was covered with a cable lock, steering column lock, gorilla club, and fuel pump kill switch. They left me the cover in a pile in my driveway.

Colorado Plates: 867BUO
VIN# 1G4GJ1176HP455754

Any information is of course appreciated.

Chris Athanasoulis

Good luck with finding that puppy before it becomes parts. Keep your eyes open on Ebay for parts off your car. Also watch for cars on there that have the same mods as yours in your area. I hate seeing this kind of BS :mad: !!

Just once Id like to hear of someone catching one of these thieves and calling the police after they were taken care of.Sorry to hear of your lose,good luck.

That really sucks, i think thats the 3rd one ive heard about in the past month.
I am thinking of getting lojack installed

FN theives :mad:

BW

Lojack.....not just that but the version where you pay an extra few hundred bucks so your keychain beeps the second your car moves.

Then you have to sleep next to the keychain unless you have a garage which all TR owners should.

Bastards!

I hate hearing about crap like this. Makes me want to just leave mine locked up at home out of sight all the time. I work with someone from the Colorado Springs area who's a fellow gearhead and has some friends still there that are too. I sent him this info and asked him to send it to his friends out there. Maybe you'll get lucky...

David

Mann we were just talking about this on another thread.

I guess it really doesnt matter what kind of security device you put on your car, if a thief really wants it somehow or another they will get it. I was saying I have a brake lock, mystery theft device and alarm that pages me. I also want to put one of those boots on the car that you can buy. My other buddy has one on his Chevelle and I dont see the car going anywhere unless you have a tow truck with those scissor hands that will just go under the tire. Philly turbo six was saying all the stuff that doesnt work and the brake lock can also be worked to get around. The Lojack is probably the best bet. When I get a garage I will have all kinds of alarm triggers and if it goes off the Alarms will go off louder than Sh---- and also it will say," Thief, Thief Stop Thief, Thief stop Thief." It wont be hard to come up with, the technology is there and all I have to do is put it together.
Sorry to hear about your loss, and I really hope you get it back. I dont know what I would do if some one took mine. Good luck in getting it back.

Thanks for the concern guys,

As far as exterior characteristics, it has stock GN wheels, all emblems intact.

The right hand side of the front bumper is bent from a minor hit and the parking light below it is cracked.

The rear coils have spacers to lift the car up to the proper ride height. It does not "sag" the way many cars of it's age do.

Still hoping, :confused:

Chris

Damn Crooks

Sorry to hear about your loss. That is my worst fear. I bet it was taken by a tow truck. Not to "diss" tow truck drivers but I was in the auto repair business for almost 20 years and 80% of them are crooks. They are driving at all hours of the night on every street just scoping for potential victims. I could tell you a hundred stories about their antics. :rolleyes: Best of luck to you.

Back