Commitment List for Noble - October 16th 2010

okbuicks.com has Shootout Flyer tab that lists motels in Norman area; many participants stay at Ruby's in Purcell which is south of Noble.

Others may want to state their opinion on where best place is to stay. OU is playing Iowa State at home so Norman will be crowded and you may want to make your reservations pretty pronto.

Phil Engle

Please keep us posted when the online shootout flyer is updated and the 2010 t-shirt artwork has been released. I will pass the information around to our Buick groups and contacts as well.

I'll post something here when it is is ready. Dick is very meticulous with the flyer and the T shirts and spends a great time in getting the final layout done. I had no idea how much work he and others put into it until my car was on it 2 years ago.

Thanks, Carl. We are way short on Texas participants so please get them fired up. I've already contacted David and posted a note on the LSBPC website.

How is your car going to run this year?

Phil Engle

I definately understand when it comes to making sure all the details are right. I was just looking at the list and you are right. The Texas portion of that is WAY short. I cannot speak for the HBC or the AAB but, I know several from the LSPBC that are planning on going and must not have spoken up yet.

As far as my car is concerned, I am hoping for the best. On BFG drag radials and the car set for 22# I ran a 10.13 @133 with a lazy 1.60ft into a 35mph headwind at the Pinks event earlier this year. Unfortunately, since that time I have not been able to come close to that again. I am in the process of trying to acquire the help of Cal to get it tuned in before this event. There should be a lot more in it to be had when I can eventually turn it up. :eek:

Dang good times.

Is it still streetable or did you turn it into a race car?
It is a race car for another five months. I would not use it as a daily driver; but, since it is an '86 model it becomes exempt from Texas emmission regulations next year. It still has everything in place to pass the safety inspection. They better be holding on to their hat come next March when the weather turns nice again. :D

Guys, we are looking at about 2 months before the big day...everyone still planning on coming? I have friends here in TX that don't even HAVE Buicks that are taking VACATIONS from work to come to little old Noble OK to watch the massacre of the Fords.

Time's a tickin. Time to get these Bricks ready for battle!

Guys, we are looking at about 2 months before the big day...everyone still planning on coming? I have friends here in TX that don't even HAVE Buicks that are taking VACATIONS from work to come to little old Noble OK to watch the massacre of the Fords.

Time's a tickin. Time to get these Bricks ready for battle!
Everyone don't forget that Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Cadillac & GMC Trucks are allowed to join in to help support the Buicks in this endeavor as "Team Buick". Bring as many of them with you as you can! Team Ford I am sure will be bringing one of these and a stack of bags with them.

Ford-dump-truck-left.jpg

Everyone don't forget that Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Cadillac & GMC Trucks are allowed to join in to help support the Buicks in this endeavor as "Team Buick". Bring as many of them with you as you can! :biggrin:

Carl: Don't forget that Saturn's are eligible. That's what David Newton is going to race.

Phil Engle

Carl: Don't forget that Saturn's are eligible. That's what David Newton is going to race.

Phil Engle
That's right! I was going off last year's flyer on OKBuicks and forgot about it. :redface: A successful Team Buick win is as much about the participation numbers as it is about the E/T's. We don't want a stack of 15,16 & 17 sec. Fords at the top of the list with nobody to run against. That is almost like turning down free money.;)

Love the sandbagging pic, that's hilarious.

Looks like this car is gonna make a voyage from Texas to the event this year.

10699d1141352320-some-pics-new-setup-farmpics.jpg

The owner dyno'd it the other day and it all but hit 1500 rwhp :eek::eek::eek:

301737.gif

That's great news! Now if only I could get mine tuned where it needs to be in time for this event...:(

Why not? Don't you have Fast system? If so, call the people you got it from and get some help. You may have somebody in your club that may be able to help. JonWin would be a good place to start.

Still planning on it but things are snowballing right now. I really do hope to get her done in time now to join in with the fun this year.

Well good news & bad, but then more good :wink:

The gray turbo sbc car from my previous post ran a nice 1/8th time at our unpreppred Amarillo dragway. Here is the quote from another site:

B-rizzle said that Bones got it to hook one time, ran a 5.29 @ 141 in the 1/8th Shocked Shocked Shocked and coasted to a 8.93 @ 105 in the 1/4...I think he sucked up too much seat and had to let out

So it looks like this rig is gonna be good for a really low 8 or maybe a 7 if all works well. However, Bones blew up low gear in the powerglide, so it's gonna have to get fixed :mad:. I am sure it will be back in running order soon though, he doesn't waste time when October is looming on the horizon.

Also, I have a set of Champion aluminum heads on the way for my rig, so if I am lucky and all that is wrong with my car is in the head/valvetrain, I should have it up and running so that I won't have to bring my LS1 car.

This is less than 2 months now, gonna be here before we know it!

I've got a stage 2 trans with a brake on the way and I need to change my valve springs, but I should still be good to go. I'm hoping it will cool down enough to work on the car soon. Its only been like 92 in my shop at 10 pm every night :mad: