Commitment List for Noble - October 16th 2010

Phil, does anyone sell 93 octane around OKC or Norman?

I have mine all ripped to pieces in the garage right now, but the heads should be on by this weekend and up and running next week. I'm gonna try to get it tuned for KILL MODE on pump gas and alky :D:D:D

There are a few places that sell 93 but they are not close to the track. I'll get a list from okbuicks club members.

I finally gave up on 93 since I had to drive 15 miles to get it and it was about $1 to 1.25 higher per gallon. I took 2 degrees of timing out of the 93 chip setting and I run aorund town at 23-24#'s of boost with LOTS of alky.

How much you talking about here (to get it together)?

Jake's gonna let me do the tranny in his shop with his help but parts are about $1200 (Billet parts) and I have to get the pistons and do the block and heads like I want Adam. I've been looking for some standard forged pistons and have 2 sets I'm negotiating for now. I've got 2 sets of forged speed pros to trade but would like something lighter for the engine. The intake has to be cut apart and I have to assemble the turbo and make the down pipe from scratch as well as the exhaust. What are you thinking?:confused:

N.E 23rd and Douglas has a Sinclair that sells 93 octane and 110 race fuel I believe they close at 5 p.m. Mon-Fri and close earlier on Saturdays.

Shell north of 63rd and Western used to carry it and 101 and they could be pumped 24/7.

Nichols Hills prices though. Very high!

Jake's gonna let me do the tranny in his shop with his help but parts are about $1200 (Billet parts) and I have to get the pistons and do the block and heads like I want Adam. I've been looking for some standard forged pistons and have 2 sets I'm negotiating for now. I've got 2 sets of forged speed pros to trade but would like something lighter for the engine. The intake has to be cut apart and I have to assemble the turbo and make the down pipe from scratch as well as the exhaust. What are you thinking?:confused:

:eek::eek::eek:

If you get that thing to Noble this October, I'll buy you quite a few beers. That's all I am gonna say. WOW!

Shell north of 63rd and Western used to carry it and 101 and they could be pumped 24/7.

Nichols Hills prices though. Very high!

I am only going to need enough gas to get me past the traps well ahead of a Ford! After that I can run out and get towed, I don't care :p

We're closing in on SIX WEEKS to the Shootout and I'm getting anxious.

Have to get to the track to get some seat time for me and fine tune the car.

Phil Engle

Chris: Great. Look forward to you and your dad participating. Should be a very exciting event this year.

Phil Engle

How tight are they on the tech inspection? I have a car that should be in the mid 10's but my car does not have a roll bar. I am planning to put in a roll bar this winter but I do not have time before the event.

How tight are they on the tech inspection? I have a car that should be in the mid 10's but my car does not have a roll bar. I am planning to put in a roll bar this winter but I do not have time before the event.

There are a few guys I know of that have run into this.

One of your options would be to not run it all the way out in qualifying and then give it the loud pedal in eliminations. Careful though, a Ford buzzed off an 8 second pass last year with no safety equipment besides a helmet, they DQ'd him, gave Buick the point, and booted him from the track.

But if you fly under the radar until elims and then sneak in a mid or high 10 you will probably be ok. Especially if you have window tint.

Phil, I was looking at the flyer and it mentioned TSM cars and prequalifying. Do you guys have the TSM boys coming this year, or is it just the normal guys that could run in TSM class that always come down?

We've put out the information for the TSM guys but haven't received any feedback that they will get enough cars here to make it a TSM event. John Plog will be there and the last time I talked to Jason Kramer, he was going to consider coming to Noble on his way to the Nats. Scott Atkinson is planniing to come early on the way to BG and he has a TSM capable car although he doesn't compete in the TSM events.

There's still five weeks until our event and I think there are some who haven't made their final plans yet.

Are GMC's still allowed to race for the buick if so count me in as a racer with my Syclone

Brandon Eldred (OK)

I am sure there will be atleast 1 other syclone and I am tryen to get a couple of other guys to come this year.

I have been going to this for 4 years racing for 3 and this is abosultly my favorite race to go to the poelpe are great the event is amazingly fun. I dont know how to descibe it but it is just crazy awesome keep up the good work guys.

Brandon: Syclones and Typhoons have always been allowed to race in this event. "Brothers in power adders" so to speak. The Team Buick has been expanded in the past couple in order to keep the event competitive and the list of eligible vehicles is fairly broad.

* TEAM BUICK NOW INCLUDES: PONTIAC, OLDSMOBILE, CADILLAC & GMC TRUCKS*

Really glad to read your comments and will pass them on to OkBuicks club.

Put you on the list for 2 cars and look forward to seeing you next month.

BTW, we are having a TnT on Friday night at TVRP and we'd be glad to see you there with your friends.

Phil Engle

T-32 days & counting! Chomp Chomp Chomp...

If someone will post up the 2010 flyer & t-shirt graphics, I'll help spread the word on some other Team Buick eligible forums.

T-32 days & counting! Chomp Chomp Chomp...

If someone will post up the 2010 flyer & t-shirt graphics, I'll help spread the word on some other Team Buick eligible forums.

Carl: "Someone" will post them when he has completed them.:)

Thanks for your offer to help. We have 74 committed to race so far and we are about 15 short of last years participants from Texas. David is working on that but he may want some help in contacting people.

Phil Engle

Picked up a second stage of nitrous for the flat Black Nova(errrr...Apollo)and a dual stage progressive controller. I want us to win this event again guys, can ya tell. lol