Commitment List for Noble - October 16th 2010

Picked up a second stage of nitrous for the flat Black Nova(errrr...Apollo)and a dual stage progressive controller. I want us to win this event again guys, can ya tell. lol

It is always a great event but it is just that much better when Buick wins!

I am looking into a room for Friday night is there an event hotel or one hotel everyone stays at??

I am looking into a room for Friday night is there an event hotel or one hotel everyone stays at??

Many of the participants stay at Ruby's Inn in Purcell only a couple of miles away from the track. However, there will be a college football game in Norman against OU that same weekend. If you want in, you better get it reserved soon.

LINK: Ruby's Inn & Restaurant

Carl: "Someone" will post them when he has completed them.:)

Thanks for your offer to help. We have 74 committed to race so far and we are about 15 short of last years participants from Texas. David is working on that but he may want some help in contacting people.

Phil Engle

What Texans are we missing? If I know them I will give them an earful. I am trying to get my buddy to bring his 11 second "Acadian" down, but we are not sure they will let it run because it looks so much like a Nova...lol. Also Phil, you can add my brother in law Trevor from Amarillo to the list of team Buick cars. He will be bringing a stock 2000 WS6 with a shot of nitrous that he hasn't hit on a track yet :mad:, so count on another fairly slow car, lol.

I talked to the guy with the 9.6 second turbo LT1 and he said he had a small engine fire and he is going to try to make it, but isn't sure. He is bringing a buddy with a really nasty mustang apparently, which isn't good for us but should be cool to watch.

Picked up a second stage of nitrous for the flat Black Nova(errrr...Apollo)and a dual stage progressive controller. I want us to win this event again guys, can ya tell. lol

Nice! If you know of any Nova guys that can find a 64 Acadian grille, you might have a cousin of your car show up :cool::cool::cool: Glad to know you are ready for another shootout!

Wife & I, bro in law, brother, and their women are staying at this joint:

Fairfield Inn Oklahoma City South/Crossroads Mall

Will: These are the Texas folks that were on the commttment list in 2009 that have not committed for 2010.

8URV8
CURTIS ROY
DANNY OVIEDO
DUKE McCLAIN
FRANK BROOKS
GEOFF NEWTON
LARRY JOHNSON
LEGACY GN
MIKE HOGAN
MIKE MAHALIK
PAT HOGAN
RACHEL
RALPH HABER
ROB DOWNEY
SCOTT ROY
SIXGUN86GN
STEVE ALLEN
TIM ROY
TIM THOMPSON
TIM WENDEBURG
TONY ROSSI
TURBOGA
VICTOR SEGOVIA
ZAC PRUETT

If you know them, please tell them to come to Noble.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

Will: These are the Texas folks that were on the commttment list in 2009 that have not committed for 2010.

8URV8
CURTIS ROY
DANNY OVIEDO
DUKE McCLAIN
FRANK BROOKS
GEOFF NEWTON
LARRY JOHNSON
LEGACY GN
MIKE HOGAN
MIKE MAHALIK
PAT HOGAN
RACHEL
RALPH HABER
ROB DOWNEY
SCOTT ROY
SIXGUN86GN
STEVE ALLEN
TIM ROY
TIM THOMPSON
TIM WENDEBURG
TONY ROSSI
TURBOGA
VICTOR SEGOVIA
ZAC PRUETT

If you know them, please tell them to come to Noble.

Thanks.

Phil Engle

I think Duke McClain is one of SuperCPA's boys from the DFW area. Seems like he raced my buddy last year and my buddy burned him down before lighting up the 2nd bulb and may have hurt the tranny.

I know the Hogans, hopefully they make it. I know Mike's health wasn't all that great last time I talked to them, so I hope all is well. The rest of those guys are not from around me that I know of.

I hope you can get the Hogan's to come. They helped me out a couple of years ago and I really appreciate both of them.

I have had word directly from Duke that he is planning on attending with his 10sec T-type again this year. You can add his name to the list.

Geoff Newton, David's son, was hit by a drunk driver about a month ago for the second time this year in his second GS this year! He is fortunately ok, but it is unsure if they will be able to piece together another GS out of the two they have in time for the event. Geoff will be a maybe for this event.

I'll see what I can find out from:

Danny Oviedo (Danster)
Patrick Smith (SixGun86GN) - Now has my old 87' GN fresh from paint
Larry Johnson
Mike Mahalik
Rob Downey
Toni Rossi
Victor Segovia

Hogans are probably not going to come. Mike is going to be getting a chemo treatment less than a week before the race, so you guys please keep him in thoughts & prayers as he is probably not going to be feeling too great.

Glad to read that Geoff was okay. Cars are pretty easy to repair or replace, drivers and passengers aren't.

Sorry to hear about Mike. Great guy and strong competitor. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

I went last year and I have already committed for this year earlier in this thread. I will be there. I already have my reservations at Ruby's.

Zac Pruett

I went last year and I have already committed for this year earlier in this thread. I will be there. I already have my reservations at Ruby's.

Zac Pruett

Zac: Got you on the list. Just missed the last portion of your post.

See you at Noble.

Phil Engle

Here is the latest list. Total is 78 and we have four more weeks to wait.

I'm getting excited!:biggrin::biggrin:

AR DOUG STOUT
AR JACK KOTLARZ
AR JAMES KIDDY
AR KINGOTS 2004
AR RAY ALEXANDER
KS LUKE SILKY
KS MATT GORDON
KS MR. STAGE 1
KS TURBOBRIAN
MO TROY SPENARD
NE ANDREW PACE
NE JIM RASMUSSEN
NE JOHN PLOG
NM DR. FRANKENSTEIN
NM FUZZY GN
NV SCOTT ATKINSON
OH BOB
OH JOHN SCHMIDT
OK ALAN CLAYTON
OK AUSTIN KENDALL
OK BLOWN OKIE
OK BOB NORDQUIST
OK BOB THOMAS
OK BRANDON ELDRED #1
OK BRANDON ELDRED #1
OK BRANDON WYMER
OK BRYANT GANTTER
OK BUTCH DEACON
OK CHARLEY WEST
OK CLAY HOLLANDER
OK DAMIAN LASSITER
OK DAN MEADOR
OK DICK WALKER
OK ERICH DAVIS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS
OK JERRY CHAMBERS #2
OK JIM KENNEDY
OK KATHY EMBERTON
OK LARRY BRASWELL
OK LARRY EADS
OK LARRY SARTIN
OK LEON BOELTE
OK MIKE LERNER
OK MIKE MOORE
OK PHIL ENGLE
OK PONTIAC69FB
OK RENE ZELDENTHUIS
OK RICHARD WALKER
OK RICK LARSON
OK RON RUSSELL
OK RUSSELL GOODMAN
OK SCOTT HETZEL
OK SHANE CLARKE
OK STEVE EMBERTON
OK TRACY HOOPER
OK WILLIAM AVILA
TX BONES HAYHURST
TX BROOK BALLWEG
TX CARL BRIMER
TX CHARLIE FRIERSON
TX CHRIS McDADE #1
TX CHRIS McDADE #2
TX CRAIG FREEMAN
TX DAVID NEWTON
TX DUKE MCCLAIN
TX E J HOWE
TX INSANE6
TX JD BROOKS
TX JD BROOKS #2
TX JD BROOKS #3
TX JHANSON
TX JOHN PEKAR
TX JOHNNY CLEVENGER'
TX MIKE DERDEN
TX TODD KAY
TX TYLER NORTHCUTT
TX WILL BARNES
TX ZAC PRUITT

Sorry Phil but I'm offically off the list now.:redface: Had one to many finacial issues hit me this month so the car won't be ready.:mad:

Charlie: I was certainly sorry to read your post. We'll miss you.

Hope things get better for you.

Phil Engle

I would be pretty surprised if George Hebbel doesn't show. He usually brings a high 10, low 11 TTA. I haven't talked to George in a few weeks so I am not positive, I'll ask him next time I see him.

Looks like our car count is going to be really good this year, as long as we don't have a lot of people back out. Pretty good considering there is another Buick event the next weekend.

Charlie: I was certainly sorry to read your post. We'll miss you.

Hope things get better for you.

Phil Engle

Believe me Phil, if I could do it I'd be there.:( God willing I will be next year and the car will do what I want.:biggrin:

i have a 2nd gen Trans Am im in the process of building, and i plan on making a trip to Noble and racing for team Buick when its done.. Maybe by next year ;)

i have a 2nd gen Trans Am im in the process of building, and i plan on making a trip to Noble and racing for team Buick when its done.. Maybe by next year ;)

Cool deal, maybe I will be able to make it with a 455. Phil, you going auto or manual on the TA?