You can type here any text you want

Comp Cams 885 lifter plunger clip came loose?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboBuRick

Staff member
Had developed a little lifter noise so I thought I would check out the valve train.

Everything looks good but seems the plunger clip has come out of my #1 intake lifter. The push rod is sitting higher that the rest and is spongy when pushed in. Tried to look down the push rod hole but can't see in there very well. I need to pull the intake.

Anyone else experience this?

RL

I had one do it years ago , sent back to vendor , he replaced it and been fine since. The clip definally are thin

The only time that happens is when the pushrod isn't centered on the plunger and bends the clip. You can remove the lifter and blow the oil out and push the clip back in with a blade screwdriver. If it's destroyed you need a new lifter

Gettin ready to get out in the garage and yank the intake. Just made a strong batch of coffie.:confused: It would be nice if the clip can be recovered and re installed. That would make my day. :)

RL

2012-09-29_07-56-49_763.jpg

Attachments

• 2012-09-29_07-56-57_831.jpg
    2012-09-29_07-56-57_831.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 58
Bison, you nailed it on the head. This had to happen during pushrod instalation. There is no other way the clip can get on the out side of the pushrod.

Rick

There is a flat cam lifter that uses the same clip. Unfortunately I don't know the part number or if they are still available. It would be nice to spend $10 instead of $80 to get a replacement

a phone call to Comp might get you a clip...... or the number of the lifter Bison is talking about. ( i remember those lifters, but dont remember the number either)

B

TurboBob said:
a phone call to Comp might get you a clip...... or the number of the lifter Bison is talking about. ( i remember those lifters, but dont remember the number either)

B

Comp has been as useful as tits on a bull when I've called them in the past for thing like this. They didn't know what I was talking about.

Wow! I just installed my pushrods today...I'll be double-checking tomorrow before throwing the intake on. Thanks for the pics!

Back