You can type here any text you want

continual brake woes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GregInAtl

I am workin w/ an 86 GN that has it replaced 2x already, (last time rear discs were put on also) now 3 yrs later, the brakes get real hard after 4-5 stops....pedal feel I mean, but if you turn the car off, and crank it again, they act right for a few stops. Is the system crapped out again, or do I have air in a line, or what?! The brakes are something I am just not educated with.
Thx in adv for any replies,
Greg

replace accum before pedal stays hard when you need it.Or convert to vac system and be done with the PM woes.

Run some diagnostics off the gnttype.org board and determine if your pressure switch may be at fault.
Otherwise, yes...replace the accumulator. First thing to usually go bad.

Cool thx guys. I didnt mention it sits ALOT. It gets about 100 miles a yr on it....hopefully thats changing soon.

Greg,
GN powermasters don't like to sit. They like to be used - kind of like the rest of the car. :biggrin:

Even so, it is good to flush the fluid once a year or so. If you fluid is dark, or beginning to get dark, it is time for a flush. It keeps the cylinder seals and the diaphram in the accumulator in good shape. Or at least as good of shape as can be expected.

Back