You can type here any text you want

Converter/fluid ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
hello; You might want to add a filter from a 700r (I think thats it) It won't let your trans run dry from hard take offs. If I quoted incorrectly please do correct me people.
IBBY

hello; I have not done it but shops over a evak of the system. They connect at a trany line and run it thru a machine to get it out.
good luck
IBBY
I know and it is a thought, the shop I work for has one but I am not sure if it actually gets all the fluid out. I am going to have to find out. Thanks, Kyle.

hello; You might want to add a filter from a 700r (I think thats it) It won't let your trans run dry from hard take offs. If I quoted incorrectly please do correct me.
IBBY
I was going to do that but I spoke to Jack Cotton and he told me that he runs the stock trany filter and never had a problem directly related to the filter, so I oped for the stock one.

I was going to do that but I spoke to Jack Cotton and he told me that he runs the stock trany filter and never had a problem directly related to the filter, so I oped for the stock one.
But others had success with the 700r filter, I just figured stock street trany/ stock filter. If I had a built trany I would do what the builder recommends. Kyle.

hello; I'd go with the 700r filter. Who knows if it helps but it helps my mind. I think it was here where somone had pics showning the differance. That's what I have with a deeper pan. It's also a street car.
Tell JC I said hi.
IBBY

hello; I'd go with the 700r filter. Who knows if it helps but it helps my mind. I think it was here where somone had pics showning the differance. That's what I have with a deeper pan. It's also a street car.
Tell JC I said hi.
IBBY
Ok no problem. Kyle

have run type f,dex 3,and dex 6.the syn dex 6 and f were no different in my billet 200.if your going to use dex3 make sure you change it often if your car makes power.not sure i would run the syn in a stock tranny it might work too good,but i will never go back to regular fluids.

As long as there's no reason for you to change the filter, a tranny flush machine will get all fluid exchanged with new fluid. Do not use any addative and use about 15 quarts that way you know it is all fresh. Depending on the TC it holds about 12qts bone dry,also cooler will affect this some.

Back