Coolant shooting out of overflow reservoir.

head gaskets that is and every other gasket that comes with the full gasket kit...and an intake manifold gasket kit as well.....

Id personally pull the engine.

yeah, i def not confident enough in my own abilities for that....plus i bought arp bolts instead of studs just so i could avoid such an undertaking! lol!

yeah, i def not confident enough in my own abilities for that....plus i bought arp bolts instead of studs just so i could avoid such an undertaking! lol!

Once you get the front assembly off, you only have about a dozen bolts to have the engine out. When youre that far down, its easy.

I put 100 PSI in. Makes it easier to figure out the percentages of what you get back out.

The telltale thing with a headgasket is the temp gauge fluctuating crazily. One minute it might show 170 and then you can watch it climb up to 240 for a minute and then just as quick it will drop back down. I know other things will cause this but every single time its ever happened to me and I tried to delude myself that it wasnt a gasket, it ended up being a gasket.

mine would only go to about 210 and drop right down and might not do it for another week or so. Also car has steel shim head gaskets with arp bolts. Sometime i could go all weekend long beating on it and nothing. thats why im not sure what it was. i think it was part that the coolant bottle wasnt in the right spot or bad cap causing fluid to not suck back in and low coolant level. T stat was old as hell but im not sure that was bad. hell it was probably good. we shall see. i will leak down test it and if its good its good. if its bad i have heads that need to go on anyways

just toss all the bolts in a bucket and pick them out by memmory on which goes wear. thats what i do, then again i have had my hotair apart to many times.

You want to get me some of those cheap hotair head gaskets. hahahaha

I have the aftermarket overflow reservoir (the one that comes with the Alky Control kit). I noticed coolant shoots out of it sometime. I did a compression check. all my numbers are good. what could cause this to happen? too much coolant? a leaking intake manifold? my oil was normal when i changed it last weekend. any thoughts? Thanks!

My car does the same thing. It did it with the old motor and with the new motor. I had to put another gasket in the Razor overflow reservoir cap in order to stop it. Disconnect the Razor radiator overflow and drive your car. The only purpose of this aftermarket reservoir is for drag strip rules. Cap off the hose to the reservoir. Brad

so i'm gonna plug the overflow and see how she does. I have also ordered the chemical test off of amazon. i not tearing into the heads until i know for sure.. thats the game plan for now. will update when i find out more..looks like i may be heading to the nationals at piedmont drag way to look at some trs!!!!!!!

Do not plug the overflow, there's a reason all cars have some sort of relief for coolant pressure, a small amount of coolant leaving the radiator is normal, and if you plug it off you will build excess pressure in the system.

Nothing wrong with checking for combustion gases if you want, i just don't want you to make the problen bigger.

i appreciate all the input and help. im just getting frustrated with this car! lol! i have changed everything i can think of. i put a new radiator cap on it yesterday. no heat issues at all but i still noticed some coolant making its way out....of course, when i release the pressure too fast from the radiator via the cap, it will shoot coolant in a straight line! lol! i re posititioned the overflow bottle this morning hoping to use gravity to my advantage. still not working. i am noticing coolant filling the overflow bottle completely. it may be weeping out of the vent holes. also, before i bleed off the pressure from radiatior, i will take the overflow bottle cap off and i see little bubbles (air bubbles) happens if i bleed it off or not......my buddy at work says its a cracked head or blown head gasket...so what are you guys thinking? i tried cancelling the tester for exhaust gases in coolant but who knows if it will. lol

you can always put a funnel in the radiator hole and fill it up some. start car and get up to operation temp. watch for air bubbles

another stupid question, are air bubbles when at operating temp a sign of blown head gasket or cracked heads?

Oh yeah if it's doing it that much it definitely needs to come apart...good luck, it's not a real big deal once you do it a few times.

another stupid question, are air bubbles when at operating temp a sign of blown head gasket or cracked heads?
Yes and no. That may be the system purging the air or a bad headgasket. Boiling water/coolant will produce bubbles but you need to smell it to make sure. If it smells like exhaust then it's a headgasket. Also look for water out of the tail pipe. It may sound gross but taste it to see if it's sweet. Coolant (antifreeze) tastes sweet on the tounge but spit it out.:)