correct stall speed and converter?

moparcolt

I just purchased a 2004R for my Pro Street pontiac firebird. It has a Pontiac V8 about 412CID and probably makes about 400-450HP. I don't race it just driveit on the street mostly. I want to make sure I put the right converter in it, one that will stall at a high enough speed and hold up to the V8 any Ideas or who should I call?

Thanks so much.
Chris

PICT00011-1.jpg

Chris if you send me an email with your combination I can make a suggestion.Probably going to be a 10.5 inch lock up w/2800 rpm stall.I carry both the PTC and Protorque converters you see on this sight and elsewhere and can set you up with the right converter for your application if you are interested.Nice looking car,looks like it was a serious race car at some point in the past.

I sent you an email with as much info as I have right now. The car was going to be a race car but the guy that started it ran out of time and money so it sat partially done for over 10 years before I bought it and put it back together for the street. I don't see too many Pro streeted firebirds at shows! Lots of camaros but not many 1st gen firebirds.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Nice looking car. Have you started your own pics thread yet? I'd like to see what's been done to it.