You can type here any text you want

Crank sensor notes - AC Delco replacement 213-292

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
It fit good and the replacement was easy. Loosing the pinch bolt was cake with a long 1/4" extension and a deep 8mm socket. It slid right out of the factory bracket. I did remove the SLIC driver side bracket for just a little more room to work. Getting the sensor out of the OEM holder was unique - it was held in with the tiniest Torx bit size on the screws imaginable. So small I did not have the bit so I slotted the screws with my Dremel.

The clearance worked out fine but I could only get .020 on each side of the sensor rather than .025 on each side. No rubbing and the car started right up. Sadly it is raining all day it appears so I won't get to test it anytime soon. However it does seem to idle noticably smoother.

I do not have a spear ,OEM not available? make and model it came from?

It fit good and the replacement was easy. Loosing the pinch bolt was cake with a long 1/4" extension and a deep 8mm socket. It slid right out of the factory bracket. I did remove the SLIC driver side bracket for just a little more room to work. Getting the sensor out of the OEM holder was unique - it was held in with the tiniest Torx bit size on the screws imaginable. So small I did not have the bit so I slotted the screws with my Dremel.

The clearance worked out fine but I could only get .020 on each side of the sensor rather than .025 on each side. No rubbing and the car started right up. Sadly it is raining all day it appears so I won't get to test it anytime soon. However it does seem to idle noticably smoother.

Yes I removed the driver side intercooler bracket and raised the car. Had plenty of room then.

I've learned over the years that a tighter gap to the outside of the trigger wheel can make a difference in idle and low end drive ability.

Rick

Back