You can type here any text you want

crank shaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

carguy

Steel cranks for sale out there now the + - of the? What has to be done to them and motor? Whats the cost compared to stock crank?Is it worth it?

a steel crank is forged as opposed to a stock cast turbo crank. A forged crank will run you $750-800 and can handle a lot more power and will not flex like the stocker. If you plan on making over 600hp id say its worth it, although, people have been fast on the stock stuff.

Depends on your power level. Not worth it unless you are making a lot of HP. Down side is you have to check these forged cranks carefully. There have been a lot of issues with machining tolerances and flywheel fit.

Any problem running one in a street car?

Not any problems, but you do need to replace your balancer and flexplate for internal units, as the stock pieces are external balance.

We have installed many of these steel cranks with very good results. :)

There are some external forged cranks out there. I'll have a 9:1 stock stroke external balance with forged rods available fresh in a couple months. This will come with a good set of iron heads with good springs and ready for an aggressive camshaft. It will ve 800+hp ready. I'd sell the crank, damper, and flywheel if anyones interested. Otherwise it's getting built as I mentioned.

There are some external forged cranks out there. I'll have a 9:1 stock stroke external balance with forged rods available fresh in a couple months. This will come with a good set of iron heads with good springs and ready for an aggressive camshaft. It will ve 800+hp ready. I'd sell the crank, damper, and flywheel if anyones interested. Otherwise it's getting built as I mentioned.

I'm hoping to run a stock style balancer (BHJ, as I already own it) and stock style flexplate on my forged internal build. Any reason to not do this?

I'm hoping to run a stock style balancer (BHJ, as I already own it) and stock style flexplate on my forged internal build. Any reason to not do this?

Only your machinist can answer this when he balances the assembly.

It may get more expensive to balance an internal crank with an external flexplate and balancer than getting the right parts, especially if heavy metal has to be used?

We have balanced some cranks with an internal balancer and external flexplate.

Only your machinist can answer this when he balances the assembly.

It may get more expensive to balance an internal crank with an external flexplate and balancer than getting the right parts, especially if heavy metal has to be used?

We have balanced some cranks with an internal balancer and external flexplate.

Can I just get an external balanced forged crank? Or are those no longer available?

we4Mateo said:

No reason not to do it unless the counterweighting on the crank is light.

Hey Nick
I have a BMS crank, (stock stroke) were they internal or external balanced?

Hey Nick
I have a BMS crank, (stock stroke) were they internal or external balanced?

All BMS and China forged cranks were internal, or neutral balance.

We had Eagle machine 2 different lots of their China cranks to external, stock balance, for us.

Back