You can type here any text you want

Critique my engine build!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
what is the difference between http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp ic 17223134005967E eq Tp and http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp ic 172523134005967 eq Tp I thought they stopped making a external balanced crank. So from the reading I can just drop the crank in from the first link in with my current flex plate and balancer?

When you change a crank, it still should be balanced with the flexplate and balancer that you're going to use. If you buy an external balance crank, you can use your damper and flexplate, but you probably shouldn't. The balancer is old and the rubber most likely not doing a good job anymore and the flexplates weren't that great stock anyway. The stock balancers also like to crack in the keyway. If you're buying a new balancer and flexplate, might as well go internal for availability. That being said, I'm using an external balance Eagle crank in my build, but it was a new one that was around from a while ago and I snatched it up. Internal balance works great though.

I overbuilt. mine is a .030 109 four billet mains and girdled zero decked balanced and blue printed forged rotating assembly roller cam set up alum gn 1 heads 55lbers and a 51 turbo. lol

I decided to do the same thing so far I purchased a forged rotating assembly, billet mains, champion heads, 210/215 full throttle cam, Harland sharp rockers. 6266 ps turbo. I figure is cheaper to do it right the first time

I decided to do the same thing so far I purchased a forged rotating assembly, billet mains, champion heads, 210/215 full throttle cam, Harland sharp rockers. 6266 ps turbo. I figure is cheaper to do it right the first time
I like your choice!!! I have a build similar to yours without the forged rotating assembly...I do have billet main caps which helps...If I need to build again just gonna go with one of these reasonable priced stroker kits!! Good Luck with the build!! I think mid tens will not be too much to ask out of your combo on 26lbs of boost

Back