Custom gauge setup?

6togo

Anyone have pics of there custom gauges they did i seen a design i liked a while back but cant find it now and there was a guy around that sold the dash plate for the gauges also?

this is my favorite setup:

DSCF4506.JPG

it's an early to mid 90's Buick LeSabre cluster in the stock dash. he used to have a full writeup on the install, but it's not on his site any more..
the website is www.turbomalibu.com and i believe the guy is a member here- but he may have been run out by pitchfork wielding TB.com villagers because of the Grand National Aerocoupe he's building..

I have seen that setup before it looks good but i need more gauge options than a factory cluster.

I have seen that setup before it looks good but i need more gauge options than a factory cluster.

he did add a boost gauge in the middle and moved the odometer off to the side at a later date.. then if you think you need more gauges than that it's time to look at getting a gauge pod for the A pillar.

another thing i've seen done before is using an electric temp gauge for more than one thing- like, say, coolant and oil temp- by putting in a 2 way toggle switch so you can switch between the different sending units.. this way, you could use the temp gauge to do coolant, oil, and trans temps with a 3 way switch and not have to make the interior of your car look like the space shuttle.
unless that's what you're into, of course..

This is a custom panel I'm working on. It's based on a layout for a plate someone sold a while ago. Instead of a thin plate, I went with thicker aluminum and added multiple layers so the inner gauges are more recessed. Also has multiple LED warning lights. I need to wire it up (after I talk to John Spina)

Attachments

• image-4181603712.jpg
    image-4181603712.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 508
  • image-3237447103.jpg
    image-3237447103.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 452
  • image-2386257242.jpg
    image-2386257242.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 474
  • image-4213326055.jpg
    image-4213326055.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 425
I really have no idea, it was quite a while ago. I sold my original flat plate at Richard Clark's at the last T-B Nats.
I do remember it was not one of the regular vendors.

Jeez, John! That sure is the "space shuttle" look with your guage design.....it's absolutley stunning.....I just love it! So damn cool.......I've always loved lots and lots of instruments everywhere....

John Spina will the perfect guy to help you....he's an electronic genius! If I had one quarter of his brain I'd be a millionare!

Again, real nice set up....very slick!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Thanks Bruce :)

It's been a long term project, all the plates were hand fitted. Turned out (so far) better than hoped.
The high gloss powdercoat with gloss clear on top, comes really close to the overlays on the stock bezel.

Attachments

• image-2301474829.jpg
    image-2301474829.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 217
  • image-572923635.jpg
    image-572923635.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 221
  • image-708517046.jpg
    image-708517046.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 256
Thanks Bruce :)

It's been a long term project, all the plates were hand fitted. Turned out (so far) better than hoped.
The high gloss powdercoat with gloss clear on top, comes really close to the overlays on the stock bezel.

You're welcome, John....you deserve the praise on this excellent set-up.....it does show, so clearly, all the hard work you've invested.......all I can say is "Wow!"

Bruce '87 Grand National