Dakota Digital VHX dash cluster installed

maddog360

that's how we do it
Just wanted to share... Finally got around to changing out the cluster. 16 years gone by and first time I've had a working tachometer! Always wanted the GNX style, but this one from Dakota Digital will work just fine for me :) I will try and get a better photo, but this phone camera pic will have to do for now... (for the close lookers... this was a prelim photo from 2 weeks ago before the tach was wired properly and while the alternator was not charging very well ) I will get a better current photo!! ;-)

Attachments

• dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 485
Last edited:
Looks nice. I might be doing one as well. I would love to have a working fuel sender.

Thank you! that reminds me.. On my original cluster, the fuel gauge needle would float a lot and not be accurate. So far, this one has been steady. Time well tell if I have another issue with my sender or something...

That actually looks really good! It looks very OEM. I think its a nice alternative for those that want a full set of gauges that doesn't scream race car.

Very nice maddog. How many hrs. do you have in the install? Any issues or pointers while installing? Thanks
Thank you... I have to admit that I gave in and let the local shop that I purchased it from do the install. I'm actually glad I did because they warranty the part and labor if I have any related issues. I did read the instruction sheet and it it's mostly programming each circuit that was most time consuming.

That looks great I love it. What about the idiot lights and check engine lights. If you don't mind how much did that cost?

Wow the black looks great!!!!
I did the digital dash. The only reason I didn't go with the analog is because of the advertised white background and where the idiot lights/alky warning lights would go.

Is it white in the daylight?

Everyone'sdiggin it. I cant blame you for lletting the shop do it it has an OEM look, is easy to read (bright). Its on my to do list.maddog360, post: 3580533, member: 10766"]Thank you... I have to admit that I gave in and let the local shop that I purchased it from do the install. I'm actually glad I did because they warranty the part and labor if I have any related issues. I did read the instruction sheet and it it's mostly programming each circuit that was most time consuming.[/QUOTE]
Everyone