You can type here any text you want

Dang Glove Blox Knob..HELP!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BoostedBug

Contents Under Pressure
Anyone know the secret to getting the latch assymble off the glove box door? I took the 2 screws out from the inside but the dang knob is on there. Is there a trick to getting this thing off?

I think there is a press in pin that you will have to knock out, man its been about 5 years thou!
Can you see a tiny little press in pin, looks like a roll pin.
BW

don't know why you are taking it out but i thought mine was broken - i actually bent a quarter as i used it for leverage to turn the knob.

a shot of lube fixed it just fine. could not believe something that was binding so bad would revert to a perfect condition with just some lube

I am trying to get the plastic glove box off the door.. I can dremel it off tonight..

just painted one got another to do should have took before pic, had to lightly sand with 600 to get rust off don't go too hard or you will ruin the texture, rust bullet or evaporust works good too as a step in cleaning , paint is 1598 dark grey from gbody looks pretty good
to get the lock latch of you'll need a tiny screw driver to push the five pins in the lock as you pull it out , done from the inside there are two access point one on top and one on the side if you want to go from the top you will have to turn knob to open position the side access point is for closed position

Attachments

• image1 14.jpeg
    image1 14.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 39
  • image2 5.jpeg
    image2 5.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 42
Anyone know the secret to getting the latch assymble off the glove box door? I took the 2 screws out from the inside but the dang knob is on there. Is there a trick to getting this thing off?

Try this..

dang I wish I would have watched this before I spent 30 minutes figuring out myself LOL

it would of helped but the one I was working on didn't have the key so it was a little more difficult, will be doing my original soon but the paint looks spot on

It took me about 20 mins to do that and I knew about the paperclip thing. Man I was pi$$ed.

Back