You can type here any text you want

Dash board vent

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Randy Hagins

This past summer I changed out the entire dash board because the stock one had a big split in it. Since then I have not been able to get the vent air to blow through the dash vents, it only blows up on the dash (defrost vents) and on the floor. I just checked all of the vacuum lines and everything seems to be connected. Anywhere else I need to check? Thank-you for the help.

If there is no vacuum supplied to the actuators, the default position is to defrost. Check for vacuum at the lines before they come into the passenger compartment. They are on the passenger side of the engine compartment.

If vacuum is present there, check for vacuum at the distribution block just left of the glove compartment box.

If vacuum is at the distribution block, go to the back of the heater control and check for vacuum and proper connection.

Lastly, check for vacuum connections on all three actuators.

I'm having the same issue. I smoked the vacuum lines in the engine compartment with no leaks found. Behind the glove box I can feel air coming out with fan on, right above the temperature slider cable. Seems to be more air with slider on cold setting. Im sure the air should not be leaking out from there but would that affect the vent control? Can someone describe what the distribution block looks like? Also, where are the actuators located and what do they look like? Thanks.

I'm about to remove my entire dash for almost that very reason (and to put in my VERY complex alarm system.

I want to be able to see everything at once and verify all the ducts are sealed along with hoses and actuators.

Not to mention after 30 years, it's untelling what kind of dust rabbits and science experiments are living in there

I made some progress. I had the check valve in backwards in one of the vacuum lines along the D/s valve cover. When I reversed it the proper vents worked again. I also put some duct tape over the rectangular slot where the temperature slide cable goes in the box behind the glove box. This sealed the air leak.

Back