Dash boost lights possible with AlkyControl

cbh1030

Is it possible to connect the dash boost lights to a 2 bar sensor connected to a boost reference? I have a 3 bar sensor connected to the Alky system controller as well as to a analog gauge in the glove box for actual boost, Im just looking for the dashboard boost light "effect"also. I connected the old 2 bar to the original sensor plug and boost referenced off of the line that runs to the charcoal canister with no luck. The set up is connected as per Alky control instructions and works excellent. Thanks in advance for any input
IMG_7200.jpeg

Sorry to hi-jack the thread as I don't know the answer to your question. However, that is a great looking dog in your avatar I also like the car too. I sent you a PM on something sir.

I remember years ago (before internet) trying to hook up a boost gauge and not getting it to work I drilled and tapped the back of the plenum.

Several years later I found out there are check valves (factory) on some of the vac hoses.
As long as you are on the intake side of the check valve you should be ok.
Follow the hoses from the vacuum block to make sure there's no check valves before your map sensor.

I remember years ago (before internet) trying to hook up a boost gauge and not getting it to work I drilled and tapped the back of the plenum.

Several years later I found out there are check valves (factory) on some of the vac hoses.
As long as you are on the intake side of the check valve you should be ok.
Follow the hoses from the vacuum block to make sure there's no check valves before your map sensor.
There must have been a check valve in line preventing it from showing, I’ll look into that thanks