David Hunter aka Countrybumpkin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the support guys!!! SouthernCal -- Yea you read that right!! Was supposed to be shipped seperately!!! My guess is he tried to save himself $10.00!!! SOOooooooo Hear I sit!!! WAITING ON THE POST MAN!!!
THIS SUCKS!!!! BIGggggg!!! Mike:mad:

Parts

Ok ! I Will Only Ask One More Time What Is It Going To Take To Make It Rite.. I Am Over This Myself To Much Bull S##t

Mike do you know a Robert Neace?..just wondering

No I dont think I do!!! Can he help???

David, Well the way I see it !!! You need to pay to get the block fitted with a new cap and line bored & honed , and pay for a crank and have it balanced to the rest of these parts. That would put us back where we started in August.
The other option would be to give me all my money back , plus shipping cost
that it will take to get it back to you. Mike:cool:

Just to throw my two cents in:

6. August 9th 5:37 PDT You wrote : Hey Mike looks like the magic number
is $240.00 to get all the parts shipped. Block goes seperate , Crank goes in a seperate box , Rods ,pistons, rings, pins in a seperate box shipped by Fed-Ex ground. Let me know when you want to send money. My address is---

This appears to be a major stumbling point for me. Hard to trust what somebody is telling you when they don't do what they say they will. A full refund and a return of parts appears to be a fair resolution to this. Country can take care of his end with the shipper. It's not Blown's problem.

Stage 2

Ok , Mike What Is A Stage Crank Going To Cost ?? And What Is A Cap Going To Cost ?? How Much For Re Balance And Line Hone ??

David, Well , I can probably come up with a similar crank , have it turned or polished and then get it balanced for between $1600 to $1800 (balancing could be anywhere from $150 to $450 depending on how much mallory is needed )
The block will need a usable cap , studs , bolts etc. Then line bored and honed and possibly square decked again because of the line bore!! My shop told me $200 to $300 hopefully will fix it!!

I would settle for $2000.00 !! If it cost more I will eat it!! If it cost less--
Ive earned it!!! I seriously dont think you can get it done any cheaper!!!

Your call !! Let me know Mike:cool:

Stage 2

Ok , Lets See What The Useable Parts Are Worth And Then We Will See What I Owe To Make It Rite You Said You Wanted A Refund So Lets See

Carrilla Rods Resized And Ready Are $900.00 Usually $1,000
New Je Forged Pistons With Pins $720.00
New Rings $130.00

Now $1,850 Applied To $3,690.00 = $1,840 Left To Settle Up

Stage 2 Block $2,000.00 All Day Long Ready To Build Usualy Sells For $2,500 So Right There Were 160 Over What You Paid With The Shipping Added In.. No Need For Sqaure Deck I Will Send A The Missing Cap And A Stud & Main Bolt Set And Pay For Line Bore Thats It With That Done You Should Still Make Money But Not A Killing Like You Would Have Add It Up You Got The Crank For Free.. You Are A Little Off By Saying Send Me $2,000 And We Will Clear It Up Thats Way More Than You Paid For The Parts So This Is What I Will Do

Send New Race Rod And Main Bearings 10/10 Federal Mogul (race)
Buy A Cap To Replace The One Missing $ 250.00
Buy A Stud And Main Bolt Kit $275.00
Pay For Line Hone / Bore $175.00

Once This Is Done You Can Make Every Penny Back And Still Make Money .... Your Just Not Going To Make A Killing On The Parts
{again Add It Up You May As Well Have Gotten The Crank For Free}

So in other words he should be thrilled that you gave him such a killer deal and since its...um WAS worth way more then he paid for he should be thanking you for the great deal you bestowed upon him?

I just didnt understand all the addition...maybe i read it wrong and your going to offer him a settlement of $1850 out of the 2k he asked for

Just seemed like a smug response like he should be licking your balls and thanking you when all you had to do was to have packed the stuff right in the first place and this thread wouldnt even be here.

BAD dEAL!

From as far as I can tell why don't you just give Mike his money back and then YOU can make all that money off of those parts. Seems like you'd come out better that way.

Dave Fiscus

How many sets of these $1000 sets of rods do you want to buy? I'll buy them from Mike and sell them to you and I won't have to bother going to work no more.

From as far as I can tell why don't you just give Mike his money back and then YOU can make all that money off of those parts. Seems like you'd come out better that way.

Dave Fiscus

And he would make plenty of money to cover the shipping back to him. It should only cost around $34 right?

Dave Fiscus

Well why would he want to buy a block that has had useless machining done because its missing a main cap and a cracked crank?:confused:

And he would make plenty of money to cover the shipping back to him. It should only cost around $34 right?

LOL yup...i kinda look at it in this perspective so bear with me

So lets say i got a 32 bucket i gotta sell fast..i list
it, say over 30K invested, will sacrifice. $17.500

Guy calls..was like ehhhh. I called him back a week
later says hey man i gotta sell it fast i'll go 10,500
but thats it..guy says ok, i say cool i'll load it up
on flat bed and deliver it...guy pays me..now i got wad
of cash in hand so i hurry up and load car...oops i
forgot to tighten lugnuts..oh well..ahh 2 bungee straps
outta work..off it goes
Well somewhere between Lexington and Bigbone lick state
park the car flys off out onto the road and 4 other
cars pile into it.
Guy gets it and says what the??//!!!!! then i say well
the motors still good and i got 15K into that so your
really getting the car for free so be happy

Harper has a less than good rep so he prolly scammed Country Bumpkin.Then some where down the road Country realilzed this and passed along the favor.No one ships high dollar parts like that unless they dont care because they know their junk already.There is a thing called Internet fraud and if he doesnt make good contact the feds!

BAD dEAL

The way that I see it is Mike bought those parts based on the condition that they were SUPPOSED to be. They clearly were not in that condition so I'd say that it would be easier to give Mike his money back. Then Country can see if he can get those high prices that he claims the parts are worth! Good luck.:D

Dave Fiscus

David, Ive been looking at your reply and trying my best to figure out what you are saying!!! I give up!! You ask me what it would take to replace the crank and have it balanced & what it would take to fix the block!! I gave you my best shot at a real world price and you have gone "POSTAL" over the answer I gave you!!! In simple terms what is your solution to this??
I think the best solution is as mentioned above , give me my money back plus the shipping cost it will take to return it to you and you deal with it from there!!! Mike:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.