You can type here any text you want

Deep FRIED turkey hmmm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darkcyde

Banned
If you have never, what the hell is wrong with you!
been doing fried turkey for about 10 years now, and every year the pre t day party gets bigger and bigger. Sucks though, what started out as a kick back day with a few friends has turned into a 100+ party, but its so much fun that t day is just boring now haha. enjoy, get your cook on, love the food.
YouTube - Country Fried Turkey by the BBQ Pit Boys
if these boys only knew how much tail their cooking could bring them

i would love to have some deep fried turkey, well fresh, like cooked at my house.

whats it take to get strated in turkey frying? A fryer, oil, turkey? thats it?

A.j.

I bought a big deep fryer just for that very same reason. Tried it for the first time at my buddies house playing cards one night and it was awesome.....healthy, not so much. But then again what ever you ever deep fried that didn't taste good:biggrin: I christened mine on New Years Eve when I through a News Years bash. Not a scrap left over, it was the first plate that was finished. It was a 25 pound bird and 6 couples. Some use peanut oil, but just to be on the safe side we used regular Mozola just in case anyone had a peanut allergy. In 40 min, it was done, beautiful crispy golden brown skin and mouth watering soft tastey meat. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! finger lickin good.

i would love to have some deep fried turkey, well fresh, like cooked at my house.

whats it take to get strated in turkey frying? A fryer, oil, turkey? thats it?

A.j.

yup and some creativity, lots of ideas online for dry rubs etc

When I used to smoke salmon up in Mich, I had my recipe down to a science, had lots of converts

1 thing to remember, never put a frozen turkey into the fryer!!!!!! you will not like the results, not to mention the hospital bills that will probably follow. inject it with a good marinade and it is awesome. the only downside is no dripping to make gravy

1 thing to remember, never put a frozen turkey into the fryer!!!!!! you will not like the results, not to mention the hospital bills that will probably follow. inject it with a good marinade and it is awesome. the only downside is no dripping to make gravy

And dont over fill with oil:eek:

Oh and dont use it inside..LOL

If you have never, what the hell is wrong with you!
been doing fried turkey for about 10 years now, and every year the pre t day party gets bigger and bigger. Sucks though, what started out as a kick back day with a few friends has turned into a 100+ party, but its so much fun that t day is just boring now haha. enjoy, get your cook on, love the food.
YouTube - Country Fried Turkey by the BBQ Pit Boys
if these boys only knew how much tail their cooking could bring them

Mmmmmm...beer can chicken/turkey is good too if you haven't tried it.

We'll be deep frying chickens in Bowling Green in a couple of weeks. Us Cajuns really know how to fry turkeys/chickens. The secret is in the injection!

Where are you going to cook? At the track or motel?
Where are you at in Louisiana? I am from Alexandria.

Bryan

I'm from the NOLA area. We'll be cooking/pitting in the Hartline tent. I think we'll be frying on Wednesday, and Thursday we'll be boiling crawfish. I'm sure you'll be happy to know that!
I may cook a jambalaya at the motel one night. Still debating that.

We'll be deep frying chickens in Bowling Green in a couple of weeks. Us Cajuns really know how to fry turkeys/chickens. The secret is in the injection!

That's right the secret is the injection! That's why before we head out, all of the birds will be given a special DSR injection!!

If you think deep frying a turkey is good you might want to try deep frying a ham. Jr.

Back