You can type here any text you want

DFI Gen VII Question about ProKey

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo306

I have a Gen VII and was trying to run my pro key with it...well my laptop does not have an LPT port so I went to the computer store and bought an adapter from the Printer style to USB... but when I plug it in the Gen VII still has all the windows Grayed out....The drivers for the USB installed themselves... And this laptop is brand new (Running Vista) I got the Gen VII to work with the adapter (Serial to USB) but not the prokey (LPT to USB)?...any suggestions?... I know they sell a Prokey that has a USB on it but I really don't want to buy ANOTHER prokey...
Thanks!
Jesse

BTDT. It won't work. The encryption in the key will not pass through a USB-Serial adapter. You have to buy the Prokey, if you want to stick with software/firmware prior to version 6.0. It is my understanding that the new software/firmware does away with this "key" horsesh|t. If you contact Lonnie Diers at Extreme Automatics, he can probably arrange a swap for you for a few extra dollars.

Extreme Automatics 513-545-3072

Back