Did all hotairs come with a double port wastegate from the factory?

buickpower

polytetrafluoroethylene
I was just wondering, some people have said they have single port wastegates, were those factory too? my car has the double port.

yea i believe the factory one comes wit double port and the aftermarket ones comes wit one which are the adjustable wastegates u can buy

not sure due to the sticky basic hot air info that looks like it came out a manual not sure some one else will chime in but my opinion due on that is sticky alone is yeah

Seeing Double

Every 84 or 85 I've seen has the two. The 84 and 85 that I own, both have them.

time to revive this thread. I was thinking about capping off the vacuum side wastegate port and its corresponding port on the vacuum block. would this help spool a little? i say that because when i start the car or rev it a small amount in park, the wastegate opens, and if i blocked the port off it might build boost slightly sooner. has anyone tried this, and did it make a difference?

never mind, i found the following thread: wastegate port thread

i tried putting my vacuum pump on the vacuum side, but it definitely didn't hold any vacuum as b4black stated in that thread. I don't see why there would be a vacuum leak though, as the only thing it could leak down to would be the boost port, which would go to the compressor.

Thanks for attaching the b4black thread. I'm going to cap both the 84 & 85 right side vacuum ports and see what happens.

2 ports

I use the Blitz electronic boost controller and it plugs into the drivers side port of the wastegate canister. The passenger side is left open and it works great.