Do not make a deal with .streetsideclassics dot com

rv_el

This is My streetsideclassics dot comStreetside Classics - Consignment and sales of classic cars, muscle cars, collector cars, street rods, exotics encounter

This is a telling of my encounter with Streetside in Charlotte from first contact to end, in order, in full.

Sunday: I see this (image should be here but i can't yet)
87 T Tops, original with close to 60k miles asking 17,995$ for it.

Monday: I call emmediatly. They give me to a guy named Arthur. I talk at length with arthur about the car and everything about it. I expressed my concerns with living a 3 hr drive (one way) away from their housing and that I DO NOT and CAN NOT make the drive for nothing. I expressed that I was very interest. Things htat expressed it was

Cash.. I was bringing a check and had the money. If the car was as good as it seemed i wouldn’t even ****ing haggle. i dont haggle (hardly ever) and i always pay right up front.

He told me that the car was “Part of a private collection” end quote. I said “So, this is sale by owner?” He said “N.. no.. no... Private Collected. Theres an R on the website” I think for Registered vendors or something and that these “lots could have up to 30, 40, 60, 100 cars”. Ok, so now i’m under that impression.

I told him i would show up Tuesday mornign 9am to see the car. they open at 9. So i need to leave my place at 6. Then decide on car (most likely a yes from what i saw) and then 3 hrs home to just make it to work in time.. Arthur knows these things, we talked about it.

He says the car needs to be driven to charlotte. That he needs a days notice etc.. because he has to “work around schedules” and all that.

Ok I understand. If the car sells before hand tell me so I dont have to drive down there.

“Wednesday morning. How about you come 9am Wed. morning so they have Tuesday to get the car here”

Tuesday: I sit and wait. I get a call from Arthur. “They couldn’t drive the car here because of the weather. The Rain” He tells me that they couldn’t because of the rain. this means he talked to htem Tuesday. But that they are going to drive it there. He tells me “How about Thursday morning” I say Ok, Thursday. Simple. End of conversation. Same deal, only Thursday. I had to cancel an appointment that the person can charge me for the cancellation.

Wednesday: Beutiful outside... I hear Nothing. So yeah, they must be driving the car over.

Thursday: Nice day out. I get up before they open at like 5:50. I drive in ****ty traffic 3 hours to their spot. I go inside. “Hi, i’m here to see the 87 T Tops... 9am..”

“Oh that car sold”

“WHAT!”

“That was a private seller and he can sell it outside of us. He sold the car... Arthur didnt’ call you yesterday?”

“No. I’ve had my phone wtih me ALL the time checking for calls and messagse. No calls, and nobody left me a message”

“I appologize on the behalf of arthur”

So your thinking. If I was supposed to be dealing with Arthur, that he should be there (along with the car). But he, according to his boss, “Doesn’t work today”. They made sure i kept in contact with Arthur when it came to phone talk. When i would call back they would make sure it was with Arthur under their doing, not mine. And yet here I am.. No Arthur, No Grand National and 3 hours to drive back to work.

i hear

“But we do have a Monte Carlo”

I said “I have to go back to work.”

The guy at the place told me HIS story before I talked about mine. Making me realize that the car was not at some 30-100 car lot that they keep in contact with but probably is for-sale-by owner and I, the buyer, am not in their best interest at all. Only enough to lie to me to keep me hanging... perhaps incase somebody else pulled out. and that person didn’t pull out. or perhaps the seller pulled out and decided to keep it or sell it for more. The car had been sold as he knew Arthur was supposed to call me the day before. They knew for a while. God knows when the car actually sold and that Arthur was stringing me along with lies since monday about how the guy couldn’t drive it there in the rian etc.. etc...

I started to get a real idea for how this place is run. Where the web site looks like a place that has the car on site and tells you that if htey don’t that its an affiliate that they are in contact with.

Arthur could at the very least have called me the day before, or even as I was driving out there to see it. Anything but have me show up and then try to pitch me other cars. Thats disrespectful.

Please do not do business with or through streetsideclassics in Charlotte or Atlanta. If you do, please be sure to get the exact phone number and name of the person WITH THE TITLE. and talk to them only and deal with them only and cut the middle man out. You don’t even know how much of a middle man - one where hte right hand doesn’t know what the other is doing - until you experience it yourself. So this is a warning.

I was very straight and professional on the phone. I laid everything out very very clearly and everything was understood. I believe Arthur did not call and did not show up on Thursday because he realized the consequences of his car salesman bull**** and was afraid I would sock him, since he and I know the full story and deal.

I showed up check in hand ready to finally get me the 87 T Tops of my preference. No haggles no bull****.

I try to tell the facts and they are blocking me as much as they can.

there is a feedback section 4 unhappy people like u.

they sell used cars and this suprises you? why do u think used car salesman have the reputation they have? they couldn't give a chit about you. if they had a buyer and it was an easy sale they will capitolize on it. they all do.

u dont want a t top car anyway so it was a blessing in disguise and with all the cars for sale on this board im sure you could do better here then some hillbilly used car dealership sellen a gn

i agree with above. look for your car on this board. youll be increasing your chances of buying from a fellow enthusiast with a great deal of knowledge.

My 1st experience with making an offer on an 87 GN was at Streetside in Atl. We agreed on a price and they agreed to hold car until I could get home and make deposit on paypal. Made deposit and they said car was sold. This just happened 3 weeks ago and as of a week ago the car was still on their website. I did get my $$ back but was a bit P##sed. Have since bought an 86 and am glad I could do it locally.

Carl

Yeah I know why they have a reputation. I've dealt with them enough. I've just had so many bad experiences that this broke the camels back. I have filed with the BBB. I'm not surprised about your experience in ATL. I told them that I wanted to see the one in ATL but it sold before I could go down there (on a separate trip i had already planned).

The thing here is balance. The guy disrespected me. I didn't need a hold on the car. I had the money right there. I showed up right there. Not all of the info is in my story but if you read closely you'll see just how ****ed up it is. Some sites said the car was AT the show floor.... I agreed to his terms of them driving the car there and that he would tell me of any changes. Not calling me and having me drive 6 hours and have to stay late at work and all that bull**** is a SLAP IN MY FACE! I've had issues before. I just saw a GN that was supposed to be "babied" and it was ****. utter garbage. Local car that was horrendous. I was dissapointed. But thats why I look localy. It was a 20 minute drive and the price was ok and the lady was nice. These people at Streetside can suck a dick.

I know what I want. I've wanted a GN for a very long time. I've got the money for it. I do not have the time to waist flying out of state and looking at things that sold or are not what they said they were. I'm trying to look locally. I want to be a part of this board and talk about GN's and all that fun stuff. I wan't it to be fun and good experience. The more experiences I have just trying to buy one the more pissed I get and it becomes a ****ty thing.

I have somebody now to help me find a good one. I'm not getting some modded up blown out 100 miles on rebuilt engine from a 21 year old kid who thought it was cool to destroy a GN and then realize he's an idiot and sell it. I was hoping this place was above that. The guy I talked to made it sound that way but in the end they are scummy car dealers who have miscommunication problems due to pyramid style selling.

Too many cooks in the kitchen. I WAS their easy buyer. They didn't sell the car. Read the story again GNBRETT. The guy ****in lied to me about talking to the REAL owner about the car and strung me along. So it could be a number of bull**** things that resulted in this. A simple call to me would have sufficed. I couldn't call them because they arent open yet. All outlined in the story.

GNBRETT: Did I say i was surprised? I don't recall being shocked when I showed up. I came ready to tell them to **** themselves if they pulled **** like i've had before. The IDEA here is to inform poeple of how their business works. To let people know whats up and show a real story and how it can go down. The IDEA is the disrespect them back for pullin this **** on me. I'm not afraid to stand the **** up.

apparently you are SUPRISED because if u were not u would not be here venting!of couse he lied to you, thats what used car salemen do. dude, do a little research b4 u decide to drop $18k on a 60k mile car with ttops. u were getten ripped off period. do ur homework. a car like that is worth maybe $10k on its best day

again, ur assuming that some local used car dealership has honest employees working there. if thats what u believe and obvious it is or u would not be venting here then u need to take a step back and think about what ur posting and who ur posting about.

used car salesman are there to make a quick buck period. they dont give a chit about disrespecting u or anyone else for that matter.

do some research b4 u dive in head first and get hosed by a bouch of legal car theives.

there are plenty of cars here on the forum and if ur looken to frop $18k on a car I can assure you the car u were getten is half the car ud get here on the board for that kinda change.

Alright Brett, that is like saying all cops are bad:D

I am a used car dealership owner. It all depends on who you deal with. Sounds like you got a jerk salesman.

Not all dealerships are like that or many would not be in business...

Didn't you go there without calling that morning? If I am reading your time line correctly!

ok, not ALL..... just most. and most cops I deal with are pretty much useless....:)

apparently you are SUPRISED because if u were not u would not be here venting!of couse he lied to you, thats what used car salemen do. dude, do a little research b4 u decide to drop $18k on a 60k mile car with ttops. u were getten ripped off period. do ur homework. a car like that is worth maybe $10k on its best day

again, ur assuming that some local used car dealership has honest employees working there. if thats what u believe and obvious it is or u would not be venting here then u need to take a step back and think about what ur posting and who ur posting about.

used car salesman are there to make a quick buck period. they dont give a chit about disrespecting u or anyone else for that matter.

do some research b4 u dive in head first and get hosed by a bouch of legal car theives.

there are plenty of cars here on the forum and if ur looken to frop $18k on a car I can assure you the car u were getten is half the car ud get here on the board for that kinda change.

Wrong. Its a warning of how the business is run. Most businesses dont' run like this. And I have no problem bashing them. I just bought a car from a shifty place in January.

I didn't launch head first. I talked for quite some time and i've bought cars before. My brother worked for a dealership and the owner of the place is a friend of hte family and those guys have lied to me since I was 16 and got my first car there. I'm 30 now. I've owned quite a few cars. I wasn't surprised. I had suspicion all along especially when he said they had to wait to move the car. I even told my friend "I wont be surprised if they **** me".

So nope, not surprised. If i was surprised i would have been like "omg i can't believe this". But i'm not. I never said that. I'm just so sick of it that I'm willing to make changes. I'll bash a mother****er in front of the internets, his friends, and family.

So.. um.. STFU

I've been researching for a long time. Its hard to find an 87 T unmolested and in really good condiiton for a decent price. All the 10k cars i've seen sale by owner or not have been garbage and almost never T tops. That or they have been abused by kids - of which i'm assuming your one.

Hell, even a guy on here is talking about 20k for his. I've been looking and investigating for 6 years. I don't think people are actually reading my story. The guy didn't call me back which is a slap in the face.

Remove that from the dealership. Remove it

Pretend like its a sale by owner. just pretend. I'd still bash the mother ****er if he fully knew just to simply call me before I waste all that time.

Pretend like its an alien from mars with a Space GN with a ****ing flux capaciter in it. I don't care. At this point talking about "used car salesmen" and "cops" brett, you and all of us may as well say that Everybody is a piece of ****. Your already sounding like one yourself with broad generalizations. Your bitching and venting about Cops and Salesman yourself in your own posts, so are you surprised??? may be you are! I havent even said anything about cops and you have already vented on them being useless. So welcome to the world you just tried to fight against. Catch 22 buddy. We arent all that different now are we.

I guess we can move on to how people in general are shady ****balls aye?

I really hate the people that give other people a bad name. especially when they are trolls on a forum that makes the forum look like its full of kids who can't help but to respond with uninformed crap and can't see their own hipocracy.

Just a quick question.... You say it was an '87 T-top car, but was it a GN or a Turbo-T/T-Type? Not a grey one was it?

K.

With a quick glance at your POST.

My #1 thing that STUCK RIGHT OUT is what Brett said.

WHY BUY FROM A DEALER? WAS it financing?

Most Salemen know JACK about GN's.. I too went to a dealer too just get a drive in a GN. I see the salesman put regular gas in. I pointed out it says PREMUIM GAS.

Your Best bet was to find a member here or where you live to help you find a car.