Do you own a RACE car or STREET car?

Do you own a RACE car or STREET car?

• I own a RACE car with a bar or cage. (Race car ONLY)

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I own a STREET car without a bar or cage. (Street car ONLY)

Votes: 96 72.7%
  • I own a STREET car with a bar or cage with limited track time.

Votes: 27 20.5%

• Total voters
i own a street car that WISHES it was as fast as a race car.....;)

Love my full interior, shift on the column, no bar street car that can bang out some low 11's then crank up the A/C & CD player! Wouldnt you rather have a Buick :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00530.JPG
    DSC00530.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 264
Street car here if it ever gets on the road...:rolleyes: No bar and no plans for one.

Street car that will rarely if ever see the track...I'll let you guys spend the money making power, have the headaches tuning and earn all of us the reputation that the GNs are still nothing to mess with. I'll be cruising mine with the rep your car earned mine and I am ok w/ that.....now if I ever get extra $$, things may change.
Its funny how few people wanna race me anyway....even in an obv street car.

I've avoided the rollbar like the plague until it became obvious to me that I should have one. I would not even consider a full cage (car isn't fast enough anyway), so a six point was the only answer. I just finished it yesterday and I must say I'm very pleased with the results.
The bar is by no means a "tuning fork". I took the time to fill the whole rollbar with foam. Front to back. No vibration at all. Only the slight creaking, which I can live with. I retained my rear speakers, too. Also it has ART swingouts, which I highly recommend. That way I can take the bars out unless I go to the track.

Bottom line is if you're looking to go fast, you need to consider your safety.

street car garage whore !no bar , at the track when possible making decent power, maybe some day I'll make it happen with a V-8 though don't wanna go crazy on this 109 and ain't gonna go stage or T-A !

You left out race cars with no bar/cage.

You left out race cars with no bar/cage.
I'm aware of that butthead. I was trying to see who had bars vs. who didnt, that's pretty much it.

Anyway, I don't remember giving you permission to comment on my thread. Mr. toe fettish.

Street car that will rarely if ever see the track...I'll let you guys spend the money making power, have the headaches tuning and earn all of us the reputation that the GNs are still nothing to mess with. I'll be cruising mine with the rep your car earned mine and I am ok w/ that.....now if I ever get extra $$, things may change.
Its funny how few people wanna race me anyway....even in an obv street car.

Imo a rep has to be earned on an individual basis. There are many more faster fox body Mustangs lurking around than GN's.

You also left out multiple cars since i have one caged and one not.

I didnt vote, but I have a street car. But this car never see's the street or track, its seen alot of roll-backs though:redface: :mad: . But it will be a street car when (if) it ever gets running right. Alot of people have a TR that can go down the track fast, how many have one that can take corners at higher speed's without sh!tting their pants?

I'm aware of that butthead. I was trying to see who had bars vs. who didnt, that's pretty much it.

Anyway, I don't remember giving you permission to comment on my thread. Mr. toe fettish.

Its spelled fetish numb nuts. If repulsion is a fetish then i have a really bad fetish. You should start this thread on Yellow Bullet. You will get a much idea of whats really out there.

I've avoided the rollbar like the plague until it became obvious to me that I should have one. I would not even consider a full cage (car isn't fast enough anyway), so a six point was the only answer. I just finished it yesterday and I must say I'm very pleased with the results.
The bar is by no means a "tuning fork". I took the time to fill the whole rollbar with foam. Front to back. No vibration at all. Only the slight creaking, which I can live with. I retained my rear speakers, too. Also it has ART swingouts, which I highly recommend. That way I can take the bars out unless I go to the track.

Bottom line is if you're looking to go fast, you need to consider your safety.
Now see that made sense. I actually thought about the foam in the tube idea and considered just spraying it inside. Is that what you did?

That I might beable to live with some day. I'm 99% sure I won't put a bar in there but im sure most people who have bars now said the same thing.

It's just the safety part I have a hard time swolling tho. It's a piece of metal now much closer to ur head. Even in a harness ur head can still snap far enough to either split ur head open or break ur neck. With a helmut it's a no brainer that it's definately safer to have.

What It comes down to is ur car a street car or a race car? I guess that is determined by the guy driving it but a steel metal bar inches from ur head only works safely with a helmut, therefore it's a race car.