Do you own a RACE car or STREET car?

Do you own a RACE car or STREET car?

• I own a RACE car with a bar or cage. (Race car ONLY)

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • I own a STREET car without a bar or cage. (Street car ONLY)

Votes: 96 72.7%
  • I own a STREET car with a bar or cage with limited track time.

Votes: 27 20.5%

• Total voters
Its spelled fetish numb nuts. If repulsion is a fetish then i have a really bad fetish. You should start this thread on Yellow Bullet. You will get a much idea of whats really out there.

You cant compare this site to the Bullet. Alot of hardcore FAST racers are on that site. If Brett was saying he has the fastest "streetcar" then I would say go there and he would have his a$$ handed to him, ......but this is only a pole. There are alot of street cars that could smoke GN's (not many) on the street without cages or safety equiptment.

I've avoided the rollbar like the plague until it became obvious to me that I should have one. I would not even consider a full cage (car isn't fast enough anyway), so a six point was the only answer. I just finished it yesterday and I must say I'm very pleased with the results.
The bar is by no means a "tuning fork". I took the time to fill the whole rollbar with foam. Front to back. No vibration at all. Only the slight creaking, which I can live with. I retained my rear speakers, too. Also it has ART swingouts, which I highly recommend. That way I can take the bars out unless I go to the track.

Bottom line is if you're looking to go fast, you need to consider your safety.

It's still a tuning fork!

We filled the bars with Great Stuff, comes in a red can. I bought some tubing to fit on the can's nozzle, fed it into the bars about halfway, then slowly pulled it out while spraying. No empty spots bars.

We positioned the main hoop with a 4* angle, that way it's as far away from my noggin as can be.

Not a tuning fork at all. When I had the bar put in my old car I was utterly disgusted when I first drove it. I actually dreaded driving the car.

Drove the car around today and the rollbar is hardly noticeable. Slight creaking, not bad at all. No vibrations at all. I'm, actually happy I did it. I can hardly tell it's there.

Here's the finished product. We'll be posting a step by step process of the whole job.

Attachments

• IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0593.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0596.JPG
    IMG_0596.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 89
We filled the bars with Great Stuff, comes in a red can. I bought some tubing to fit on the can's nozzle, fed it into the bars about halfway, then slowly pulled it out while spraying. No empty spots bars.

We positioned the main hoop with a 4* angle, that way it's as far away from my noggin as can be.

Not a tuning fork at all. When I had the bar put in my old car I was utterly disgusted when I first drove it. I actually dreaded driving the car.

Drove the car around today and the rollbar is hardly noticeable. Slight creaking, not bad at all. No vibrations at all. I'm, actually happy I did it. I can hardly tell it's there.

Here's the finished product. We'll be posting a step by step process of the whole job.

Alright, so it's a good looking tuning fork :cool:

What It comes down to is ur car a street car or a race car? I guess that is determined by the guy driving it but a steel metal bar inches from ur head only works safely with a helmut, therefore it's a race car.

well if you use the SFI padding it DOES protect ya from banging your head. :p

Imo a rep has to be earned on an individual basis. There are many more faster fox body Mustangs lurking around than GN's.

100% Agreed, but that because there are a million of them. If you look at % of fast GNs vs % of fast fox cars...Gn by a landslide. A slow GN runs 14s (stock time that most any TR will do)...I have seen dozens of modded 15 sec fox bodied cars, even supercharged. So many fox cars are gears, flowmastrs, and a short shifter. 15.0 @ 90 mph cars. Bring it! I do agree when you see a fox cpe you have to think twice.....just like the guy in it does when he sees a GN.
In the end, someone else is always faster...... just make them think twice, and my point was just look at a GN, you'd have to think twice.

LOOKS GOOD!!! Hey that color sure looks familiar! :biggrin:

Was painting it Fun? LOL

SW.

I hope I never have to paint another.

I agree it was tough watching Scot swing around in there like a monkey! :biggrin: :biggrin:

No, I was refering to how inexpensive you got away with the cage, it looks really great almost like a madman did it :eek: ;)

Excuse me while I vomit :eek:
LOL... I will admit that cage does look dam good. I like the way it is hidden when looking at it from the side. Personally I think it's one of the best looken installs I have seem.

Damon I don't want to make ur head too big so you cant get in ur car :D but that looks dam sweet!

There should be one more option to your list Brett. How about street cars with no cage that frequent the track once or twice a year and get booted out.:redface:

Yep that's me too, as soon as I go faster than 11.49 I get a warning and one more pass. So I get one more all out pass under 11.49 and I'm told to park it.

I'm gonna have to put a cage in it if I ever want to do some serious tuning two passes is not enough.

Mikey